So... Alien (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

so i watched the boxset of alien last weekend, and im confused.

mainly, why does everyone hate Alien 3 so much? granted, i watched the director's cut, which was 40 minutes longer and a million times better than the theatrical release, but still... it's a great movie, especially when you consider all the problems they had.

the thing is, i distinctly remember renting it when i was 10, fresh from watching Aliens and hating it cos it wasn't an action movie. But you've got to admire their balls in making such an unbelievably bleak and depressing movie. im amazed they thought they'd make any money off it.

meanwhile, Alien Resurrection is one of the worst films ever made. how can a movie that looks so good be such a pile of balls? and winona ryder is the worst actor on the planet. shudder.

anyway, i want to marry michael beihn.

btw, i havent seen alien vs predator yet. can it really be worse than resurrection?

oh and they're remaking predator. with a wrestler.

Alan Remorse said:
btw, i havent seen alien vs predator yet. can it really be worse than resurrection?

oh and they're remaking predator. with a wrestler.

Predator has already been done with a wrestler.

ventura_predator.jpg

Alan Remorse said:
so i watched the boxset of alien last weekend, and im confused.

mainly, why does everyone hate Alien 3 so much? granted, i watched the director's cut, which was 40 minutes longer and a million times better than the theatrical release, but still... it's a great movie, especially when you consider all the problems they had.

the thing is, i distinctly remember renting it when i was 10, fresh from watching Aliens and hating it cos it wasn't an action movie. But you've got to admire their balls in making such an unbelievably bleak and depressing movie. im amazed they thought they'd make any money off it.

meanwhile, Alien Resurrection is one of the worst films ever made. how can a movie that looks so good be such a pile of balls? and winona ryder is the worst actor on the planet. shudder.

anyway, i want to marry michael beihn.
re: alien 3: yes, absolutely.

re: michael biehn: hands off, bitch!!!!!

i totally :heart: AvP. aliens, predators, antarctica and pyramids.. what the hell more do you want from a film?

at least avp has lance henrikson i spose..

i meant with a wrestler playing dutch. smartarse.

apparently though, those rumours have now been revoked. there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether it's predator 3 or just a remake. apparently john mcteirnan has been offered position of director.

i used to have an obsession with michael beihn when i was a kid. he was my hero. both reece and hicks were the ultimate rolemodels for someone my age.

yeah, its 9 discs. definitely worth the upgrade, especially for the docs on alien 3. even though i love the movie, it could have been outstanding if they'd gone with the original ideas.
plus you get the both the theatrical versions and the special editions of each movie.

Totally agree on Alien 3, it's great, although obviously not as good as the first two which are genius in their own separate ways.
AvP is good comedy. Just don't expect it to be good in any way whatsoever and you should be able to laugh at it alright.
I heard about that Predator remake thing. Don't worry, if they try and do it, I'll fucking assassinate anyone that has anything to do with it, unoriginal Hollywood fuckwits. Oh wait I'm a rescue team not an assassin...

as all above alien 3 was great. Nice and dark so a return to form after the second one( which was a brilliant action film, but doesn't sit well after the first one if you watch them back to back, to much of a gap between filming imho) The boxset is brilliantly done though, well worth the money if you like the franchise.I got mine in HMV sale this summer for about 40 yos and for nine discs choc with info and alternative versions, and a smashing layout you could do worse.

alien resurection was utter pants but I watched it nonetheless. Too much cgi, not enough models built. When are these guys going to understand that models lok better than cgi?

I love alien 3. steered clear of it for years because people painted such a bad picture of it when it came out. finally saw it about, dunno 4 years ago, and was really impressed. pretty tense.

kinda like 4 as well though... :eek: esp ron perlman. "earth!? I'd rather stay here with the things, man!"

plug said:
I love alien 3. steered clear of it for years because people painted such a bad picture of it when it came out. finally saw it about, dunno 4 years ago, and was really impressed. pretty tense.

kinda like 4 as well though... :eek: esp ron perlman. "earth!? I'd rather stay here with the things, man!"

yeah i think Resurrection has it's charms..don't really see why it's hated so much..i like the way they took some of the stuff from the dark horse comics for the storyline and ron perlman is deadly as always

what's with Ripley ridin the alien towards the end?

she's her own mother or something..

so things I liked in three..

the japanese guys in the suits from the corp,
when the head religious guy saves ripley from a nasty in the bum bum prison stylee
the beach scene that was cut.
the way the autopsy is shot in that blue light.
the fat prison warder guy and the way he gets nailed.
yeah cool film.

I loved Alien3 when I saw it in the cinema and the extended version is much better. That 9 disc Alien box set is great.
Alan is right, the original ideas they had for the 3rd film would have been amazing if they had been allowed make it the way they wanted.

george mcfly said:
what's with Ripley ridin the alien towards the end?

Man I have had many a debate with people over that. I stand by the fact that Ripley is being boned by an Alien. Others think she is simply being carried away.

"Hey McFly..... I thought I told you never to come in here your Irish Punk".

tim said:
Man I have had many a debate with people over that. I stand by the fact that Ripley is being boned by an Alien. Others think she is simply being carried away.

"Hey McFly..... I thought I told you never to come in here your Irish Punk".

carried away on an alien's mickey

Did'nt look like being intercoursed by an extraterrestial to me; but then again i've never seen t happen; so i would'nt know. THose darkhorse comics were fantastic. Really liked some of the story lines.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Did'nt look like being intercoursed by an extraterrestial to me; but then again i've never seen t happen; so i would'nt know.

*snigger

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back