So...Against me to play TBMC (1 Viewer)

colinriot said:
FAIR ENOUGH JANER,I THOUGHT THE ALBUM WAS TOP STUFF,BUT I GUESS IF YOU'RE NOT INTO SPARRER THEN THERE'S JUST NO HOPE FOR YA.....

you don't like the sparrer janer? youre confusing, you need to get your shit together

JANER said:
Not my type of band, I got me hands on Boys from the blackstuff album
It is a band more in the style of Cock Sparrer and The Last resort (studio)
ie Thinking mans Oi, I don't think :p

Yeah I reckon the last resort is a wee bit above your head,janer boy, seen as ya didnt fininsh school n all :p .

real intalectual schtuff like,

I was walking down the road with a dozen pals of mine
Looking for some aggro, just to pass the time
We met this stupid hippy and he tried to run away
But i punched him in the nose just to pass the time of day

Great big boots, great long laces
Our jeans held up with scarlet braces
Get out of our way or get took for a ride
We've just got violence in our minds
Wake up in the morning, have me ready brek
Drink me cup of Bovril and wring my mothers neck
Strollinto town, beat a Soul Boy black and blue
Put a fruit gum in the meter cos there's fuck all else to do

We go to football matches, we always have a laugh
Always get some bovver in, before the second half
We have our selve a smashing time, we really have some fun
Especially when the odds are ours 25 to 1, to 1

One of me favourite bands though! ya wouldnt post up them dodgy pics of Roi from wasted again janer?

The Last Resort live are totally differant, I said after Wasted they were the best band of the weekend, Roi is a fucking legend

Pair of legends tbh........
seriously he was so down to earth, I also met and drank with the guy from The Crack who was in Sparrer (name escapes me)

I like some Resort songs notably these
Johnny Barden
King of the jungle
Working class kids (their best)
Stormtroopers in strapress
Horror show

I remember watching The Warriors at Dublins Wasted in 2002 as well (former members of Resort)

niallmc said:
Out of interest has anyone asked Against Me what their take on this is?
probably have to talk tru all their minders and managers and massuses. GERHOIFHhdfg;dfjnv cunts. i've read a few recent interviews and they seem completely oblivious as to why people are angry with them....................

some sniviling cunt, probably one of those filthy hippy "wont works" docked me points for liking the last resort

dodge skinhead crap they called them, jeez take it yer not a combat 84 fan so.......everyone singalong

"BRING BACK CAPITAL PUNISHMENT, WE NEED A STRICTER GOVERMENT"

ReadySteadyJedi said:
You make excellent points, and i pretty much agree with you BUT...

Would you feel the same if propagandhi came out with a conservative album about how capitalism isn't so bad, and maybe them damn iraqis need a bit of western order in their lives?

ah touche! but we all know that idea is totally inconceivable within the realms of reality.....but if they did i suppose i'd just have to become a capitalist loving conservative who hates them sand- niggers and rag- heads...such is life!!!

trianglegrrrl said:
probably have to talk tru all their minders and managers and massuses. GERHOIFHhdfg;dfjnv cunts. i've read a few recent interviews and they seem completely oblivious as to why people are angry with them....................

It's been an incremental thing on their part AFAIK. I dunno much about them prior to 2/3 years ago but they feel they have been the victims of constant sniping from the extreme fringes of the DIY scene so they just threw their hands up and went the whole hog on what big business was offering them. I have mixed feelings on this issue as always. Does every band as they become more popular have to ask themselves... WWFD?(What would Fugazi do?!)
the exception being Chumpawamba, WHO ARE WORTHY OF EVERYONE'S COMTEMPT JUST FOR EXISTING.
Probably no one on this board will ever find themselves in this kind of situation cuz in the great scheme of things we all play in bands that not many people like!

tommytrousers said:
the exception being Chumpawamba, WHO ARE WORTHY OF EVERYONE'S COMTEMPT JUST FOR EXISTING.
jaysus tommy hould the aul horses there!!!!

tommytrousers said:
Probably no one on this board will ever find themselves in this kind of situation cuz in the great scheme of things we all play in bands that not many people like!
Well keep dreamin trousers boy, we'll keep dreaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back