So...Against me to play TBMC (1 Viewer)

it's madness, how they can change so drastically, and be such hypocrites too.
it'd be funny to go along, and hear 'em chanting all these lyrics that mean nothing anymore. funny in a disappointing, cold kind of a way. :-(

i dont get this either

i am reading "there i was at an mcd promoted commercial gig in the tbmc with shit bouncers etc seeing a band when i was shocked that another band are going to do the same thing?"

maybe i'm missing soemthing - how much was the biffy gig? dont they play leeds, reading t in the park etc?

it seemed like propagandhi had no idea about mcd either after cormac gave them a flyer on how dodge they were but ye wudnt really know how much info they had on it and if they didnt they really should look into who theyre dealin with a bit better.. think they blamed it on their bookin agent or somethin..neone know if against me is definitely mcd?

Big d(A)ddy G said:
it seemed like propagandhi had no idea about mcd either after cormac gave them a flyer on how dodge they were but ye wudnt really know how much info they had on it and if they didnt they really should look into who theyre dealin with a bit better.. think they blamed it on their bookin agent or somethin..
They got booked by MCD (who at the time were putting on other fat bands), then loads of people got in contact with prop who got MCD to step out. Then this other promoter, "STRAIGHT" stepped in claiming they'd brought down the ticket price and all this shite, but it was MCD in disguise (why they bothered i have no idea). Myself and korm interviewed the band before the gig and as far as they were aware, they were with an ethical promoter.

And to be fair, as far as Prop's booker goes, i can't imagine they have time to do background checks on every promoter for every gig of every tour. NOT THAT I'M MAKING EXCUSES but... Actually i am. Whatever.

EDIT: And besides, Against Me played Shea Stadium with Green Day recently, so i'd doubt they could give a flying one about who's putting them on in some small venue in ireland.

isn't the whole point that against me have diy/political lyrics and are doing the one thing their songs promise they would never do?

sucks.

Yeah. Conor, the point is Biffy Clyro arent a diy band, wheras AM! until very recently were "commited" to the grass roots music scene. It's because of what they used to stand for that people are so disgusted, you know?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
That's a long story.

And besides, i get the idea the reason behind the sabotage isn't the venue.

i know the whole story...that was my first punk gig, propagandhi are my favourite band. now back to against me!

People should stop caring about this little band so much. You shouldn't go off crying every time you find out a band you loved dont share the exact same ideological view as yourself....They've said openly that over the last few years their views have changed etc. as recently as 'The Eternal Cowboy' they stated that they were willing to move a way form the 'Grassroots' music scene in order to be more successful (sell more records, play bigger gigs etc.) so i don't really think they're hypocrites.

I don't like what they're doing either, being on MYSPA(ce)'s record label isn't something i like to see a band do but in the end they've decided to make this (making music) their living. A lot of people out there would love nothing more than making music for a living and are willing to sign to larger record labels to do it, others (including myself) would think that thats a bad idea. i still don't think they've 'sold out' per se. I dont see them changing their music a whole lot just in order to get more fans, i think their new album was good enough and they seem fairly dedicated to making the music they wanna make and love. (obviously every record won't be an 'Axl Rose'). In addition to that i don't think these guys have had it easy and seem to have worked fairly hard to get where they've gotten which i respect. after an interview i did with chris from ghost mice a few years ago i'm not really too surprised at the direction against me! have gone- he said tom was just like a big kid and seemed to get very excited at the prospect of things such as releasing on FAT etc. etc.

Everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it as well, Against Me! have decided to leave their grass roots in order to make a living off their music which is their decision whether its a decision we all agree with or not. And personally I'm looking forward to going to their gig and hopefully enjoying it despite the shit venue (it didnt make a difference the last time anyway!;) )

anyway i never post this much on one thread on eirecore so i think i'm gonna have to leave forever now....my planet needs me...the planet marklar

rape the drummer said:
i know the whole story...that was my first punk gig, propagandhi are my favourite band. now back to against me!

People should stop caring about this little band so much. You shouldn't go off crying every time you find out a band you loved dont share the exact same ideological view as yourself....They've said openly that over the last few years their views have changed etc. as recently as 'The Eternal Cowboy' they stated that they were willing to move a way form the 'Grassroots' music scene in order to be more successful (sell more records, play bigger gigs etc.) so i don't really think they're hypocrites.

I don't like what they're doing either, being on MYSPA(ce)'s record label isn't something i like to see a band do but in the end they've decided to make this (making music) their living. A lot of people out there would love nothing more than making music for a living and are willing to sign to larger record labels to do it, others (including myself) would think that thats a bad idea. i still don't think they've 'sold out' per se. I dont see them changing their music a whole lot just in order to get more fans, i think their new album was good enough and they seem fairly dedicated to making the music they wanna make and love. (obviously every record won't be an 'Axl Rose'). In addition to that i don't think these guys have had it easy and seem to have worked fairly hard to get where they've gotten which i respect. after an interview i did with chris from ghost mice a few years ago i'm not really too surprised at the direction against me! have gone- he said tom was just like a big kid and seemed to get very excited at the prospect of things such as releasing on FAT etc. etc.

Everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it as well, Against Me! have decided to leave their grass roots in order to make a living off their music which is their decision whether its a decision we all agree with or not. And personally I'm looking forward to going to their gig and hopefully enjoying it despite the shit venue (it didnt make a difference the last time anyway!;) )

anyway i never post this much on one thread on eirecore so i think i'm gonna have to leave forever now....my planet needs me...the planet marklar

very valid points, its quite hard to accept though just becuase of the sheer degree of how they used to embody diy in their lyrics. true they are just a band, i think most of us here are just upset about it really.

the sabotage comment was just a joke. But if we did sabotage against me's gig it'd be in a nerdy non-violent creative funny DIY way.

The band name makes a lot more sense now that they´ve sold out than it ever did before: their lyrics go against everything that they stand for.

DIY bands should start to write lyrics about about why selling out is the right thing to do, just to see the disgusted reactions from fans of the mainstream scene.

São Paulo Punk said:
The band name makes a lot more sense now that they´ve sold out than it ever did before: their lyrics go against everything that they stand for.

DIY bands should start to write lyrics about about why selling out is the right thing to do, just to see the disgusted reactions from fans of the mainstream scene.

i say start with puget sound.

"No more making
your own cds,
Tonight we're gona
make some cash"

rape the drummer said:
People should stop caring about this little band so much. You shouldn't go off crying every time you find out a band you loved dont share the exact same ideological view as yourself....
You make excellent points, and i pretty much agree with you BUT...

Would you feel the same if propagandhi came out with a conservative album about how capitalism isn't so bad, and maybe them damn iraqis need a bit of western order in their lives?

trianglegrrrl said:
But if we did sabotage against me's gig it'd be in a nerdy non-violent creative funny DIY way.

bus%20on%20fire.jpg

Nothing says "we're even now" like a burnt out tour bus.

colinriot said:
don't forget to check out the band i told you about....the down and outs....top notch oi/streetpunk
Not my type of band, I got me hands on Boys from the blackstuff album
It is a band more in the style of Cock Sparrer and The Last resort (studio)
ie Thinking mans Oi, I don't think :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back