Snowblood/Easpa Measa/Dograck (3 Viewers)

Here Sprinkles,

I wouldn't worry too much about the ID thing. This place isn't some mad hipster bar that loads of people try to go to. Basically there are just old men drinking downstairs.
If you do come, just go straight upstairs. I doubt there's a bouncer too.

They'll probably just expect me to use my own judgement for letting people in. Ha, fools.

aaaanyway.... last night was fuckin deadly, snowblood were totally amazing. The measa were fuckin brilliant too, pity about the repeated string breakings, but it was still cool. one of the easiest nights on the door i've had in ages too... result!

turn out was fantastic, we made €155, and the entry fee was only €4, which is pretty good goin. The place was pretty much full.

were snowblood any good?? had to leave around 10.40ish to get to work. did they play my favourite song from the cd? (cape wrath). the bit of easpa measa' set i saw was class, as usual..|..|

Alan Remorse said:
aaaanyway.... last night was fuckin deadly, snowblood were totally amazing. The measa were fuckin brilliant too, pity about the repeated string breakings, but it was still cool. one of the easiest nights on the door i've had in ages too... result!

Twas great to see em alright, easpa measa were much more enjoyable than when i saw them with tragedy, and I nearly spliied me pint when i asked somoone of the lads how long the Snowblood set was and was told anything from 30minutes to 2 hours :eek: Bought the dextro 10" that's the drummers solo project as well, most enjoyable ambient type stuff

Good gig last night. The room was way warm,cant make up my mind if I liked it or not,but it was a good night so that's not really a complaint.
Just curious,I saw a fight after the gig at the end of the road(nothing to do with punks) and Someone I work with was there and said he got asked some questions about why they were there and were they there to break into houses etc,It could have been someone messing him about but I was wondering how others found it. I really hope no one else has similar stories as it would be a shame for people to be intimidated when going to gigs.

jamie farrell and anto dillon were told to get their hair cut by the celtic bhoyos (killer naked snake-lady tattoo). anyway, i tend to agree. JF in particular.

easpa measa were very impressive....
really liked them...
snowblood were good as well....
nice to see a sunday gig go well in cork rather than the usual three people turning up....

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
jamie farrell and anto dillon were told to get their hair cut by the celtic bhoyos (killer naked snake-lady tattoo). anyway, i tend to agree. JF in particular.
haha
here's the flyer he gave us..

regstache.jpg

snowblood's van was broken into outside the gig in dublin, shit buzz. luckily all that was taken was the singers bag with personal belongings but also passport, drivers license, etc. still, could've been much worse...
as well loads of people came up complaining about getting hassle off the bouncer, later we found out there was none, and it must have been just some local.
we cant do gigs there on thurs-sat anyway, so its unlikely that the green lizard will be more than an occasional venue..

thanks to people in cork and belfast who put on these gigs , they were awesome ... and the van wasnt broken into in either of those cities thus making them better than dublin ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back