snow (14 Viewers)

Still no buses coming up to Tallaght\Citywest. I wanted to take a trip to town today but that's out. Considering this is just a regular Saturday with all the shops open in town, I wonder how anyfrom from areas like this are managing to get to work today. Be interesting on Monday.

Spent two weeks in Illinois and Wisconsin, never got above freezing the whole time, it did get down to -17 one of the days. Six inches of snow and ice on the ground at a minimum. We drove every day, on secondary roads as well as on highways, and only once did we encounter ice. Even the footpaths weren't that bad because they were salted. One of my husband's aunts even has a little electric snow blower specially for her decking!

The fun I had trying to explain to people who are used to a white garden for 4 months of the year what happens in Ireland when we have an inch of snow and the temperature hovering around freezing.

We're just not equipped to deal with it, I was taking my life in my hands walking to work this morning on the ice-rink footpaths (which, in my view, are dangerous enough when wet, even without the water freezing). I spent 4 days walking around Chicago and didn't even come close to slipping once.

As an aside, the bright spark who came up with the idea of those white tiles on and around Grafton Street should be stoned to death with them.

alright today, fresh snow wasn't slippy. It's just pushing the ice problem back another day though

i had a long, torturous almost-fall down a short flight of steps in edinburgh just before christmas, clawed frantically at the railing all the way down but managed to stay up. i'd say it looked hilarious.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the roads were pretty crap today. It obviously got a lot colder than in previous nights.

but the fresh snow made housing estates a little safer

2 days into the new year and haven't fallen once (thats 2 days longer than the start of 2009)

Cold on the bike this morning, but the most treacherous part of the journey was after I got off the thing.

Also buses are being oddly more respectful at this time.
I'm sure hostilities will resume after the thaw, but for now it's the pipes of peace video out there.

I think its more that theres an air of calm (of sorts) at the moment. Probably because the big snarl-up won't happen til the kids are back in school on thursday. Then all bets are off.

On the plus side, it seems that the weather isn't going to get any worse (if that can be considered a plus side). Met Eireann seem to have backtracked on that predicted pummelling the east coast was supposedly in for between this afternoon and tomorrow night. Instead its just slippy footpaths and glorious sunshine.

I spotted a gritting truck yesterday on the N81. Possibly the rarest thing I've seen since 2010 started (other than a 2010 reg car)

Normally 35 minute walk is taking 50 minutes, which robs me of an extra 15 minutes in bed. *sob*

3524743072_40b2bc3661.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back