smoking ban loophole (1 Viewer)

what if everyone smoked into a bag and then took the bag outside and walked up to someone and said "hey look at this" and opened the bag and blew smoke in their face?

Who can afford to go to pubs these days anyway?

Am I right people?

as I understand it, smoking was not banned in bars because its manky, or because Nanny thinks that you shouldn't be doing it. (Even though it is fucking manky.)
It was because in any place of work, the workers have the right to be protected from exposure to harmful chemicals like carcinogens.

Its protecting the barman basically. And anyone else that works there.

It is also not opt out because then you would have a situation where people who need jobs will just say they dont mind being exposed to carcinogens so they can keep their job.

If this was Monsanto forcing people to work with carcinogens you would be all up in arms about it.

Why hasn't anyone invented a cigarette that also has loads of vitamins and minerals in it?
If I was to smoke I'd have to sprinkle a crushed Haliborange onto the cigarette.

crazy.

if I still smoked I'd love to be able to smoke in pubs again.

Ugh, no! I always hated indoor smoking areas and smoking in pubs and nightclubs. Disgusting. Even as a smoker I hated it. Getting burned as you try to make your way through a crowed pub, the horrible smell next morning off hair and clothes that spent a night absorbing stale smoke.

I remember walking past Hogans one afternoon and barely being able to make out ghostly shapes in the fog of smoke.

As long as they don't decide to extend the ban further I think it's all good.

When I smoked I loved smoking in the pub and from the huge fall off in pub numbers over the last few years, so did loads of other people. My Da smokes a pipe and is fairly decrepit and it's a fucking ordeal getting him out to the smoking area in the local pub.

As I said, I don't see why there can't be an indoor area for smokers, it doesn't have to be staffed. No one could have a health and safety issue with emptying a few ashtrays the following morning.

we wouldnt be in this mess if greedy lazy publicans all installed sufficient air condition units in their shitty pubs. but since they didnt give a flying fuck, fuck them. pubs are nicer without stinky smoke inside. its just the shitty pubs where their smoking section is a aload of bollox is where you notice it

I hope bloody not, I don't fancy having to wash my clothes after every night out again.

i used to put on my old clothes to go out for a pint. having smokers look down their noses at my outfit was galling.

What about, you can have smoking in the pub, but the pub has to also meet stringent air quality standards or be bulldozed, thereby requiring any pub which proceeds in this manner investing a lot of spons in ventilation etc. A licencing system to establish that the equipment is in place.

isnt this the way it used to be? the pub had to be ventilated but the ventilation was always shite?

Gaelgoír women in big wooly jumpers smoking pipes

fuck off back to Peig times

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back