smoke (1 Viewer)

the bongo

apart from the stage lighting centre in brunswick place, does anyone know where i can rent a portable smoke machine?

Because Bill Hicks was brought up i thought i'd mention this: there's some dude performing bill hicks' routines in the sugar club soon. Obviously there's covers bands, so why can't you have covers comedians? But it just seems a little off to be charging 10 euro to see some guy performing a comedians work word for word. Maybe it's just me.

Ed said:
Because Bill Hicks was brought up i thought i'd mention this: there's some dude performing bill hicks' routines in the sugar club soon. Obviously there's covers bands, so why can't you have covers comedians? But it just seems a little off to be charging 10 euro to see some guy performing a comedians work word for word. Maybe it's just me.
I dont think its just you, because there's NO WAY this guys gonna be able to pull off the material the way Hicks did. Especially having heard it already.

eek :eek: I dont envy that guy. Bad idea, very bad idea.

Ed said:
its not just you.
I saw a poster advertising this and had to do a double take. what the fuck?Bill Hicks is still alive? oh wait, its some guy doing a cover version. like, if you close your eyes its just like seeing the real Bill Hicks right? fuck off.

my feelings on cover bands and cover comedians are the same - they should all get petrol thrown over them and set alight. unoriginal cunts.

Ed said:
i saw posters for that too on sunday when i was up for the match. couldn't believe it. they're actually advertising the fact that it'll be word for word replication. doesn't that seem like the opposite to everything bill hicks was about? why not just have a tribute night and show some of his videos and then get someone doing their own stuff after? there's bill hicks nights in the lv in cork every now and then and i think that's what they do anyway (haven't had a chance to make it into any of em yet). that covers thing is ridiculous though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back