Slumdog Millionaire. (1 Viewer)

Never seen Skins in my life.
What is it?
If it's an American programme Nooly you can't say I didn't warn you.....

it's a hip teen drama set in, er, bristol. the guy from slumdog millionaire plays a slackjawed horny dimwit/token asian mate.

I'm glad I hadn't seen it so because when you watch a indie type of film you want to have all unknowns playing the parts so the film is more realistic.

It's a good film alright, but the story is pretty preposterous, far too many lucky coincidences and shit for my liking. Stuff like that annoys me. It's particularly annoying with this film because part of the whole hype of the film is all about showing a realistic portrayal of India, but they mash all this unrealistic stuff into it and totally fall down on that account.
Still a good film though, but not totally amazing or anything. It's not a patch on the two main Oscar-contenders from last year like.

haven't seen the film but read the book. decent, but a little cheesy.

just watched it, that was great, the end sequence ruled. i like that skins guy a lot more now. felt a bit like being in a who wants to be a millionaire promo at times!

PS it's lucky that childhood sweethearts always turn out to be hot in later life, imagine how awkward it would be to track down a childhood love who turned out ugly, embarrassing all round

It's a good film alright, but the story is pretty preposterous, far too many lucky coincidences and shit for my liking. Stuff like that annoys me. It's particularly annoying with this film because part of the whole hype of the film is all about showing a realistic portrayal of India, but they mash all this unrealistic stuff into it and totally fall down on that account.
Still a good film though, but not totally amazing or anything. It's not a patch on the two main Oscar-contenders from last year like.

You're very easily annoyed though, also, you're a big racist, those two things probably made it difficult to enjoy the film

the story wasn't that preposterous, 'guy knows answers to a few general knowledge questions due to life experience', it's not that far-fetched. and the ending was really realistic, as i understand it indian people are always breaking into spontaneous bollywood dance routines.
it's a film, like.

Cormcolash is wrecking the scene for everyone. I don't find many of the movies starring a certain Austrian bodybuilder all that plausible but that doesn't seem to worry you so much. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

WRECK DA BUZZ.

Everyone knows that Arnie's films are based on ancient Austrian folk-lore, it's a scientifically proven fact. Arcgayologists even dug up some of the evidence recently.
It is a good thing yer mans young sweetheart turned out to be hot when she was older, isn't it? Imagine if she'd been fat and scar-faced after all that. But that guy was just lucky sure.

It was good but seriously a lot of it was mindlessly depressing. But its been marketed as a "feel good" film, feel good? Yeah right, the child prostitution, slavery, poverty, the relentless grind of life, gang wars, murder & the blinding of children to make money off them begging makes me feel good! Last 15 mins was waaay too cheesy as well.

I may posted this exact thing over on Arts & Culture but I can't remember..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back