Slumdog Millionaire. (1 Viewer)

It is a good thing yer mans young sweetheart turned out to be hot when she was older, isn't it? Imagine if she'd been fat and scar-faced after all that. But that guy was just lucky sure.
she was scar-faced, but luckily it was a cute characterful scar and not a full-face acid burn or anything. phew!

Bollocks to this. It was a typically bullshit Hollywood-style film. Goes through all this bad shit that happens, but sure isn't it all grand cause yer man wins the million quid in the end? Phew we all feel better now.
What a pile of shit, if it was realistic, it would have showed all the bad shit happening. And then it would have just got worse and worse and your man would have ended up in some criminal gang or some shit and never gone on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and his life would have been fucked.
I'd say that would be a fair bit more realistic.
But no, it's all okay cause he wins a million quid in the end and everyone feels nice. Most of the really bad horrible shit happens to some other character that is just forgotten about by the end. It's as if, once yer man wins the million quid, none of the bad shit ever happened. Sure isn't all that matters that he gets the cash and the girl in the end? Typical Hollywood ending.
Should have got a mid-90's Mike Leigh to direct, then I'd consider it more realistic.
Not saying it was a bad film, because it is really good, but I don't feel for a minute that it in any way comes near to driving what are probably the harsh realities of living in a slum in India home to a Western-style audience, when the film ends in that fucking stupid manner that basically just glosses over it all.

wow, you were really bottling that up, eh? i couldn't have handled it if mike leigh directed it, those atrocious shambling brass-and-strings soundtracks he goes in for make my brain shrivel.

Bollocks to this. It was a typically bullshit Hollywood-style film. Goes through all this bad shit that happens, but sure isn't it all grand cause yer man wins the million quid in the end? Phew we all feel better now.
What a pile of shit, if it was realistic, it would have showed all the bad shit happening. And then it would have just got worse and worse and your man would have ended up in some criminal gang or some shit and never gone on Who Wants to Be A Millionaire and his life would have been fucked.
I'd say that would be a fair bit more realistic.
But no, it's all okay cause he wins a million quid in the end and everyone feels nice. Most of the really bad horrible shit happens to some other character that is just forgotten about by the end. It's as if, once yer man wins the million quid, none of the bad shit ever happened. Sure isn't all that matters that he gets the cash and the girl in the end? Typical Hollywood ending.
Should have got a mid-90's Mike Leigh to direct, then I'd consider it more realistic.
Not saying it was a bad film, because it is really good, but I don't feel for a minute that it in any way comes near to driving what are probably the harsh realities of living in a slum in India home to a Western-style audience, when the film ends in that fucking stupid manner that basically just glosses over it all.

MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING FILM JERK-OFF!

(if jerking off to films of you jerking off is what your'e into....:rolleyes:)

....HICCUP!

JESUS HUCKING CHRIST.

It's not called Slumdog MILLIONAIRE for no reason.

about a month or so?

I haven't been in school since December....need to get my CAO number before the end of this month or else im fucked.

Gonna start studying/working fo real from this week on though. No point in me repeating and just wallowing in my own sorrow. Fucking absolutely hate rote learning tho, that;s what put me off/made me repeat in the first place,.

wow, you were really bottling that up, eh? i couldn't have handled it if mike leigh directed it, those atrocious shambling brass-and-strings soundtracks he goes in for make my brain shrivel.

Haha, it would have been funny to see how many people walked out of a Mike Leigh version of that film!!!
Anarcho-Munk, I've pulled some strings and you are hereby expelled from school.

Gonna start studying/working fo real from this week on though. No point in me repeating and just wallowing in my own sorrow. Fucking absolutely hate rote learning tho, that;s what put me off/made me repeat in the first place,.

it's not rote learning, it's cool shit that you would never bother learning if you weren't pushed to it. that's why formal education is actually cool. i wish someone was still telling me in detail what i need to do to get smarter and testing me on it (apart from my own brain, i don't trust it cos it doesn't systematically terrorise me like a frustrated secondary school teacher).

Haha, it would have been funny to see how many people walked out of a Mike Leigh version of that film!!!
i probably would have, did you see his latest effort (happy-go-lucky)? such an assemblage of hateable characters i haven't seen since 'bully'. and that terrible music. god.

I watched 'Kids' a week ago. Fucking amazing!

Had to watch it straight away again.

very intense and heavy film but amazing.

it's not rote learning, it's cool shit that you would never bother learning if you weren't pushed to it. that's why formal education is actually cool. i wish someone was still telling me in detail what i need to do to get smarter and testing me on it (apart from my own brain, i don't trust it cos it doesn't systematically terrorise me like a frustrated secondary school teacher).

it's learning for the betterment of society. am i right, am i right?

I liked Happy Go Lucky. The driving instructor was amazing.

Anarcho in order to be an anarchist you have to put someone else down in a clever and smug manner during an argument about politics. Sure everyone knows that!

oh god, happy go lucky was insufferable. the only character i liked was the sister's husband who just wanted to play on his playstation. what a hateful bunch of british stereotypes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back