Slint "working on new material" (2 Viewers)

a few people were complaining that it was "exactly like the record" or "like a funeral" but what were they expecting? Spiderland was the beginnings of math-rock, but with really dark, moody songs. The gigs were exactly what you'd expect

eh, i was at the atp and the vicar street gig. atp was great, people felt excited, there was a real feeling of joy and energy in the room. vicar street was like a funeral. i think the difference was perhaps the amount of ecstasy in the audience's bloodstream.

them announcing their dublin show and others after atp had been on sale (and probably sold out) was pretty annoying, but it couldn't take the shine off the first time. it's definitely taking the piss now though, it's kinda sad actually.

will i go see them at primavera? will i fuck. i'll do something - anything - less boring, such as reading poetry in the moonlight, or maybe taking a reflective walk on a deserted beach.

mackle, shut up.

no,
but Stuart Braithwaite did wear a t-shirt which said 'Blur: shite'
which was

1) irritating
2) arrogant
3) condescending
4) punch-in-the-faceable
5) incorrect

So, 'Mogwai: irritating/arrogant/condescending/punch-in-the-faceable/incorrect'

That works for me.

Slint reform could be shite or great, I'm gonna wait and see (whatever happened the Pixies new material...?). I've not loved anything Pajo's done since then though and The For Carnation left me pretty cold too so I'm not holding my breath unless they were just getting crap out of their system.

I only wish Slint had been signed to a major label back in the day because that might mean that now they would be legally/financially prevented from reforming.

mackle, slint aren't shit
and the problem with you is you have no history
you're too young and you you're into something new every 2 months
you are a victim of the internet, ma fren

hows your grim doom band going?
you = LEAST DOOM PERSON I'VE EVER MET!!

deadly one of my cats just destroyed something gughgh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back