Slint "working on new material" (1 Viewer)

Life is short. The dudes work well together and obviously missed the band. They're still fairly young, they did "Spiderland" when they were about 20. There's nothing wrong with great musicians playing together. Any myth that had built up was blown apart by that reunion tour, and then doing more shows this summer. I think their legacy would be tainted if they didn't do new stuff after that.

I reckon this will be worse than all the nth rate slint copy bands. At least,if the gig in vicar street is anything to go by.

I corrected my spelling mistake. I think my description of the gig at the time was probably along the lines of "boring shite"

i want my money back, i went to that atp on the understanding that it was a "one off". and it was 80% shit.
bastards.
vicar st was like a funeral.

Hmm. Thought the ATP gig was a bit of a shambles but they managed to get their act together for the Vicar Street gig. 'Good Morning, Captain' was like a jet-plane taking off fr'instance.
Like you, I feel a little gyp'd that they've decided to reform given that they said ATP was strictly a one-off, putting the myth of Slint to bed blah blah blah but I'd be intrigued to hear some new stuff nonetheless. What would new Slint material sound like in 2007 given the evolution of the 'post-rock genre' they practically started?

I'm just waiting on Rodan and Bitch Magnet to get back together.

I don't care if it's not as good as Spiderland. It'll probably be better than "The For Carnation" with Pajo and Walford involved (I know Walford was on one track on TFC), and I love that album, so I'm looking forward to it. Fair play to them. All this hipster shit about them destroying their legacy means fuck all to me. As if anyone in 100 years time will care if Slint released 2 or 3 albums.

:D

There'll probably be nothing but Chinese music by that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back