sleepbags (1 Viewer)

i bought a tiny bivy tent like this one a while back. Its called the Eureka Solitaire tent. It weighs around 700g, and its about 4 feet at its highest point. It can take a fair amount of snow lying on it, and very stormy / gusty winds if you point it in the right direction.
I can't really recommend it enough, it suited me very well. If you want something small and light its a good choice.
Sleeping bags, depends what you want it for. Probably get synthetic.
bivy-tent-88.jpg

i bought a tiny bivy tent like this one a while back. Its called the Eureka Solitaire tent. It weighs around 700g, and its about 4 feet at its highest point. It can take a fair amount of snow lying on it, and very stormy / gusty winds if you point it in the right direction.
I can't really recommend it enough, it suited me very well. If you want something small and light its a good choice.
Sleeping bags, depends what you want it for. Probably get synthetic.
bivy-tent-88.jpg

http://www.eurekatent.com/p-22-eureka-solitaire-tent.aspx

this one?been looking for something like this myself,they easy to assemble?

What if you need to use the jacks?

The whole front unzips on both sides, and the end of the sleeves unzips so you can stick your hands out. You wouldn't even have to get out of the selk bag (as a guy). You could just walk outside, unzip, do your business, zip back up and you're away.

As a girl it's not any worse than a normal sleeping bag would be.

http://www.eureEureka Solitairekatent.com/p-22-eureka-solitaire-tent.aspx

this one?been looking for something like this myself,they easy to assemble?

yup. that one exactly. I got it for cheapish, around the 80 dollar mark a few years back.

its very easy to put up, nothing to it at all. It kept me dry every night for 4 months in some very rough storms in the Andes.
If you are going to get it, also get a good cover for your backpack, since you will have to leave it outside overnight (and rope to tie it up if you are going to in amongst animals).

Another nice piece of kit is the MSR Dragon Fly stove, it weighs about 400g.

like a Mosquito Proof polyester coffin.

nah, that one is bigger than that I think.
Like your feet would almost touch the end but the hoop over your head is way higher. I could hang a light off it, and put my head on my hands and read a book and not touch off the light.

Also bring a baggy of foam earplugs.
Storms can be really load. Also glaciers can be really loud in the mornings particularly. They can make noises like gun shots which will scare the fuck out of you if you dont know whats going on.

Also if its going to be windy, tie every lose string on the outside of the tent into tight loops so it wont whip off the tent and keep you awake.

thanks thats great information espially about the tents, but just to be a bit more specific, i meant around town whats the best like is vanga a good brand and what do you think of them tents that you can throw up in a few seonds and you wear o your back (ive no credit card so website ones arent much used to me)

thanks thats great information espially about the tents, but just to be a bit more specific, i meant around town whats the best like is vanga a good brand and what do you think of them tents that you can throw up in a few seonds and you wear o your back (ive no credit card so website ones arent much used to me)

Those pop-up tents look pretty shit. They're practically see through, look pretty awkward to carry, you'd need to be short and I'd say that they leak like crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back