Sleater Kinney to play Dublin in August! (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2 said:
Whatever about Fridmann, does nobody think the fact that Corin has ditched her cheapey Dano and is now playing a Les Paul is relevant to the shiny massive rock sound?
I think it's all down to Fridmann. They said (in interviews) that it was just too comfortable
working with Goodmanson, and that Fridmann took them places (musically) that they
weren't happy with, instead of saying "yeah, that's cool" and moving on to the next take.

They have changed guitars before and it didn't make as much of a difference to the sound.

Also, Janet is hitting harder than ever, and practicing a lot more as she approaches the big 40.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Pah, Sleater-Kinney always make me break my thumped fast...Got me tickets today and am ready to rock. Whatever about Fridmann, does nobody think the fact that Corin has ditched her cheapey Dano and is now playing a Les Paul is relevant to the shiny massive rock sound?

I saw them in Chicago last week. It was a seriously big sound. Really enjoyed the gig. I've never seen them live before and hadn't heard any of the new stuff so it really surprised me. Corrin was playing a fender head through a big ampeg speaker so that could have helped with the massive rock sound. The venue, the Riviera Theatre, was really cool and is meant to have a decent sound system anyway which could have helped...

Bit jetlagged now, only got back yesterday and was in work today, so more thoughts some other time.

sit on someones shoulders, wear a long coat, a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.

trianglegrrrl said:
I got my tickets! shame i'm 15. anyone know how to look older?

*waves her two tickets at donkey oj*
ha ha.
got the woods last week- only just got to see the free live dvd last night...
i quite liked entertain...
theyre so fucking shit hot brilliant.
love em

I saw them in Boston the other week.

They played Mother by Danzig. I laughed.

My bands supporting sleater kinney!

I just found out yesterday, my band are supporting sleater kinney at their Belfast gig in the Spring and Airbrake!!

I'm already bought my ticket and their new album and everything!!! I cant friggin believe i get to play wit them!

my bands www.codaonline.co.uk but we are gonna be redesigning and re-recording new tunes in the coming months, sign up to mailing list for more info!

GrRrrrR said:
I think the new album rules.
I was thinking Fridmann might fuck it up, but it sounds soooo cool.

rrreally???

seriouosly is just that my copy is fucked up, or does the whole album distort, fizz and clip in a really nasty digital way?

best thing ever, at TapeOp Con someone asked Fridmann did he master with a RAT pedal! heh heh heh, bitchy...

fucking cuntbag. i bought a ticket for this ages ago without realising i'll be at a stupid conference in keale that week.

if anyone wants to buy the ticket pm me. please :(

Stacy said:
fucking cuntbag. i bought a ticket for this ages ago without realising i'll be at a stupid conference in keale that week.

if anyone wants to buy the ticket pm me. please :(
yoink, i'll take it off you!

tonight's the night!

the latest setlist i could find:

The Fox, Wilderness, Not What You Want, Combat Rock, Rollercoaster, Modern Girl, Step Aside, Everything, What's Mine is Yours, Steep Air, Jumpers, Let's Call it Love, Night Light, Entertain. Encore: Get Up, Oh!, Words & Guitar

Not many oldies, but i might even prefer it this way. This is gonna be so .|..| and :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back