Sleater Kinney to play Dublin in August! (2 Viewers)

Roisin said:
Ive gone off sleater kinney big time in the past three months im hoping seeing them will make me like them as much as a did this time last year. Michelle what age is your brother thats going? if hes over 18 would he like to pretend to be my garduain to?
he wouldn't mind, i'm sure. I hope sleater-kinney play some of their classics. i hear they also do a cover of rebel girl..|..|

GrRrrrR said:
I think the new album rules.

And the best song from the sessions isn't even on it - it's the B side of the "Entertain"
single. They've had it in their live set for years, it's called "Everything". The drumming
on it is totally insane (that Janet lass has a fine balance of precision and power!) and
all 3 of them are rocking harder than ever now.

Fridmann pushed them a lot furthur than Goodmanson ever would have, which is why
they chose to work with him. The reviews have all been making Led Zep references,
but I think Black Sabbath is closer to the mark.
That would be early Black Sabbath, with all the mad drum patterns and stuff.

Apparently the UK release date for The Woods is next Monday (not tomorrow), but Road
will be getting it in (on CD and DVD apparently!) this Friday, and on vinyl a week later.

As for getting in to the gig if you're underage, it's going to depend on who MCD have on
the door on the night. There may be a chance that the band will be able to influence door
policy, but that's not a certainty.

An afternoon all-ages gig would be ideal, but they might not have time to do one.
If it was an Ultramack gig, of course, there would be no trouble at all...

Sleater-Kinney seem to be carrying on their tradition of poor-ass choices for singles .. that 'Entertain' is one of my less favourite songs on the record.

I got my tickets last night ive asked my Ma to come with me, and she said yes. Thats if my friend dont come of course but id love to bring my ma to see them.

McGonagles said:
As for getting in to the gig if you're underage, it's going to depend on who MCD have on
the door on the night. There may be a chance that the band will be able to influence door
policy, but that's not a certainty.

An afternoon all-ages gig would be ideal, but they might not have time to do one.
If it was an Ultramack gig, of course, there would be no trouble at all...

re: this over 18s thing; my sister whos 15 really wants to go to this. ive already emailed Kill Rock Stars about it, not really sure is there anything else that could be done to try to get the younger ones in... maybe getting in touch with mcd but i wouldnt have much confidence there...

Roisin said:
I got my tickets last night ive asked my Ma to come with me, and she said yes. Thats if my friend dont come of course but id love to bring my ma to see them.

With your Mum! :)

Roisin said:
I was talking to a girl there who is 17 and she said that she wasnt let into see chimera when they played there.

the music centre can be feckers when they want to.

i remember the good old days of first year in college trying to scrape into gigs with a fake isic card. awh to be 17 again.

I just emailed Sub pop complaining. *waits for no one to read her email*. I will be so pissed off if I dont get in.

trianglegrrrl said:
I got my tickets! shame i'm 15. anyone know how to look older?

Put some little streaks of grey in your hair!
Works for me... and I don't even need to use dye.

If you know someone with good makeup skills, try some crows feet around your eyes and
smile lines around your mouth. For that "please don't let anyone think I'm over 30" look.

Anyone buyin' or sellin' a tikka'?
Sound Cellar have them today, Road are getting them tomorrow.
Both of the above are reasonable when it comes to handling charges.

Pah, Sleater-Kinney always make me break my thumped fast...Got me tickets today and am ready to rock. Whatever about Fridmann, does nobody think the fact that Corin has ditched her cheapey Dano and is now playing a Les Paul is relevant to the shiny massive rock sound?

Nerd-off begin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back