Simpsons Movie Confirmed (1 Viewer)

but i just don't agree! i think they have 4 or 5 good ones for every mediocre one... 'like to see you do better etc.
michaelknight said:
They used to get away with that sort of joking about how rubbish they were, e.g. making jokes about shows compiled from old clips, in a show compiled from old clips, and so on, because (a) the clips were well assembled (b) good to begin with and (c) the joke itself was funny - but trying to joke about how shit the series has gone (and taking pot shots at people *complaining* about that), when it actually *has* gone shit, is a bit of a cop-out.

Still watch em buh...
dunno what yiz are all complanin about, you dont know you've got it so good... there is not much else that has lasted so long and is still better than most everything else...
and a movie... grand sher... south park bigger longer and uncut is better than any of their best epasodes... so tis

personal fave... the city of new york v's homo simpson

every line is quotable...

The screamapillar was totally funny.
As was the pot episode- they call them fingers, but i've never seen them fing, oh, there they go.
Hey jerkface, you have the face of a jerk!

though people who use simpsons quotes as a substitute for their dull personality are stupid.
so are stupid people

the screampillar one was amazing, that totally makes up for 50 bad ones in my book!
Ed said:
The screamapillar was totally funny.
As was the pot episode- they call them fingers, but i've never seen them fing, oh, there they go.
Hey jerkface, you have the face of a jerk!

i hope ralph and moe get a major role in the movie...

they make me laugh

moe keeps people in his cellar....and ralph is idaho

Andy is the guy sitting under the table when yer man goes "Need know star RM pic".

Other than that I find the simpsons amusing, but ultimately throwaway. Like toast.

I downloaded series 15 off suprnova the other night and watched it through. I was really disappointed. Rehashing old story lines, lots of celebrity guest voices. The whole thing reeked of desperation.

The Simpsons episodes in the mid to late 90s were the real classics. Each episode created and lived in its own world. There was a flow and a wit to each show. It wasn't just a series of slapstick sketches.

hag said:
but i just don't agree! i think they have 4 or 5 good ones for every mediocre one... 'like to see you do better etc.
Yeah, guess it's the old chestnut of personal opinion. I'd have liked to see it finish around the time of the carny episode...that was the beginning o the end for me. But if loadsa other people like the stuff since I guess that would have been just plain selfish.

As we're talking personal faves, Homer the teacher does it for me. Or Homer in college.

And people using Simpson lines as substitute for boring personality...does integrating them into conversation count? Ahem. Except now it's Office lines.

you're totally not as funny as the simpsons.
michaelknight said:
Yeah, guess it's the old chestnut of personal opinion. I'd have liked to see it finish around the time of the carny episode...that was the beginning o the end for me. But if loadsa other people like the stuff since I guess that would have been just plain selfish.

As we're talking personal faves, Homer the teacher does it for me. Or Homer in college.

And people using Simpson lines as substitute for boring personality...does integrating them into conversation count? Ahem. Except now it's Office lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back