Sick of it all tommorow (1 Viewer)

Denver Max said:
i was about to say that. youre making yourself look a bit silly sean.....

Just answered that above. Don't really see how i'm being silly though. Apart from this:

TOXIC said:
No bouncers on or by the stage in the Voodoo which was what they requested

Which I mistakingly read as they'd requested stage goons and John wasn't complying. A simple misunderstanding really.

By the way, Strung Out ain't the only Fat band that I think is deadly. There's a long list. It was a passing comment. :rolleyes:

28-junkie.jpg

Like her's

great "show". they still got what your band will never have.

I beg to differ, I was told by a fair few that they were fairly poo and vain in Belfast last night, I mean they are the type of band that make it easy for me to continue my "blinkered view on Punk/HC"

If you want more on their antics you can pm me, then again maybe u are a SOIA fan so maybe u would go along with their "superstar attitudes"

JANER said:
I beg to differ, I was told by a fair few that they were fairly poo and vain in Belfast last night, I mean they are the type of band that make it easy for me to continue my "blinkered view on Punk/HC"

If you want more on their antics you can pm me, then again maybe u are a SOIA fan so maybe u would go along with their "superstar attitudes"

who'd listen to you on the music front? you seem to listen to dogshit sandwich daily! :D

post up their antics here. we're all friends.

trev said:
who'd listen to you on the music front? you seem to listen to dogshit sandwich daily! :D

post up their antics here. we're all friends.
The lead vocalist blamed the venue in Belfast for neen too small for starters, he also told the "fans" not to buy stuff off EBAY as it's not official, many other little "We are superstars" crap like that and yes we are all friends.

Like I said this was based on a few friends at the Belfast gig, personally I had no interest as they are not my type of music.

Now how did tonites gig go btw?

bombidol said:
Whats going on? was that a dig at bands in general or just 20be?
He was having a dig at yours..........

I mightn't be a big fan of ur music but I do appreciate what u try and do with cheap gigs in Fibbers etc

And when I say cheap gigs not having a pop at last nites gig cos I know the size of the bands' popularity and I know damn well it would have been over 25+ if on in TBMC or Whelans/Village etc but I liked 20BE bringing a bit of liove music to The Parnell Street end of town.

sick of it all were beond amazing.third time i've seen them, they dont know what a bad gig is. kinda supprised at the comment about the size of venue in belfast, as the previous time i saw them, was in camden underworld, whitch is hardly huge, yet no comments about that. they're right abut ebay though, as a band selling merch prob generates alot of their income, and people selling bootleg merch on ebay is cutting into their money. more/better supports woudn't have gone amiss tonight mind.

Steo have u ever seen a bad band :p

Like I said earlier the m8s up in Belfast just thought the band were too much up their own arse.

I had no bother from the band at all, they were all dead nice. They did have a few problems with the show, but it was basically stuff I agree with, like they wanted no barrier, so did I but it was unavoidable.
I reckon if you listen to everything you hear about every band before you meet them, you wouldn't put on a gig for anyone.

JANER said:
The lead vocalist blamed the venue in Belfast for neen too small for starters,

I think this was in reference to them getting the crowd to do the wall of death malarky - the Limelight has a comparatively small and strangely shaped area in front of the stage for people to dance in, relative to the size of the venue as a whole. The dancefloor is basically a badly drawn L-shape with pillars scattered through it, and so the space available for dancing was pretty small.

J said:
he also told the "fans" not to buy stuff off EBAY as it's not official,

I seem to recall something along the lines of 'if you want to buy a SOIA shirt, buy it from us, not some bearded fuck on the internet who has hardly heard of us, and we'll also sell you the shirts cheaper'

bombidol said:
Whats going on? was that a dig at bands in general or just 20be?

hold onto you hat boss...it was a throwaway comment. congratulations on being the first band member to react to it. if it was directed at you i would have quoted your post no?

anyway...nice of the lads who were at the belfast gig to clear things up. sick of it all are far from rockstars and those posts prove it.

i interviewed craig ahead the last time they were over. after the gig and he was still a ball of energy. ajrmand was a gent. we met pete in the street before the gig and he stopped for a chat. we watched the soundcheck with no bother. i heard another story of how they went down the foggy dew after the gig and hung out with people who were at the gig.

last night they were on top form. songs from the ages sitting alongside songs from the new album. a brilliant set list actually. lots of chat with the crowd. 20 years on the go and still savage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back