Sicario (1 Viewer)

so, ehh...why did they have to blaze their way through the tunnel as a smokescreen for alejandro to go through and follow diaz, instead of just sending him to mexico on a plane or whatever?

That "mexicans are people too" subplot wasn't at all shoe-horned in awkwardly o_O

but they were already following diaz; the cop wasn't needed to find him

and how would the cop know where he was anyway?

I suppose you're right, if they needed a cop car to pull yer man over there's easier ways to get one than raiding a drug tunnel and hoping that there's one at the other end.

The entire thing had to be below the radar so they couldn't trust airports where corrupt police will be hanging out.

And Alejandro hadn't had time to take parachute class yet.

Yeah I dunno.

Sean Penn was in The Gunman recently where he's a hitman doing one last job etc etc
The camera fetishises his physique (I'm sure at Mr Penn's insistence) like it's a 20-y-o gay man or the world's most bored housewife.
And it's a relentless feature of a lot of films with leading women, of course.
This film notably didn't do that, and it had its share of bathroom scenes where it could have.

He shot the wife and those kids, plus EB, he doesn't give a fuck

Yeah, but he had reason to shoot EB - she was pointing a gun at him.....and he knew she was wearing a vest. The wife and kids was a merciless act, but he was making the big bossman suffer. Killing the cop didn't really achieve anything.

I'm not having a go at the plot/ narrative. I was just disappointed in him for doing this - I quite liked him

Last edited:
poor old eggy cop

he loved eggs
HIS POOR SON

that entire subplot was a bit

tumblr_mp8sjf0SNG1rw25u4o1_500.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back