Shit Venue/Good Venue (1 Viewer)

Very hot blonde one in there.

she's hot alright but she's a scaldy bitch. she slams drinks down, is extremely rude and huffs a lot.
and one of the barmen can go fuck himself, like he told me to do on saturday.

however, shitty staff would never really put me off going to a gig because when you think about it we'd all probably be a bit of a dick too if we had to work in fibbers.
fibbers is crap for gigs. never been to a gig with really decent sound there.

to be honest, there aren't many venues i like in dublin. maybe i'll knock into the music room during the week and see what their story is. i was just talking about that place the other day!

oh and the boom boom room not giving pints of water is ridiculous. i am pretty certain that it is illiegal to not provide tap water for someone in your establishment. when holly said that to him i think he told her that it costs 3 and a half grand per annum to pump water into the building so people would have to just pay for it.
but was he selling tap water? or bottled water?

today i saw a large boring painting (aprox one and a half a1 size) being sold in dun laoghaire for 1000e. it was a painting of the front of fibbers with a knack comin out the door....

Had a look there - still not sure but it doesn't look like it is actually illegal not
to give out tap water though, anyone know anything about this? Still, it's
fucking shit not to give bleedin' tap water... At least I got a triple negative
in this post though. I can be happy about that.

Pretty sure it contravenes health and safety laws - they said they didn't have any water running on tap (that being why they didn't give any out), which is surely against hygiene/health and safety regulations for somewhere being used as a venue.

Worst ever venue ever
The Fort, Dungannon - on night of show "aye make sure to give half the door money to the bouncers"

Soundest venue
Mason's Derry - "Ah you've drove all the way from Belfast. here's some free beer tokens, here's £150 in cash up front, do you want some chilli?"

Oh and the management of The Front Page will eat sh1t eternally in a special hell soaked in tramps special brew pish, but Iain Beard is a legend of (now literally) humongous proportions and I have to say of the 20 or so shows we played for him I loved them all. it's a proper random, unpredictable crazy house.

nearly 100% public houses have to let you use their toilet and serve you water.maybe thats changed in the last few years,i'm not sure.trying to check it now out of interest but not finding much.
ended up having the same problem when playing in isaac butts a few months ago,a friend pushed the fact that it was illegal not to be given water and eventually was given some,before the barman handed him an empty glass and told him to go fill it in the toilet if he really wanted free water.what a dickhead.they gave in after being pushed enough on it though.

Do her tits wobble a bit when she slams the drinks down?

not that i noticed, no. it's the type of thing i'd notice too.

Go upstairs for the runnin water.
it was upstairs that holly confronted the manager about it and she asked for water there too. so i guess they're pricks upstairs and downstairs!

To the guys complaining about The Boom Boom Room. Was Joey, the American guy, doing the sound? I played there once and thought he was an utter gent.

i agree, joey is a legend. really sound and really good at his job. there are a few others who do sound there though so it may not have been him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back