Shit Books (3 Viewers)

Goodbye

I mostly read on the loo, mostly.

Right now I'm squeezing my way through Michael Palins Diaries.

Whats your shit book?

have a few issues of both of these in the loo:
cover93.jpg

WireOCTcover.jpg

but i often find myself flicking through these:

51oF63mY70L._SS500_.jpg

51DGHZJR04L._SS500_.jpg

New Scientist collection of questions people write in with like "If I am lost in a shopping centre what is the quickest way to find the person I am with - staying still or wandering around?". Each answer is about a page long - perfect.

My aunt has a library in her loo.

New Scientist collection of questions people write in with like "If I am lost in a shopping centre what is the quickest way to find the person I am with - staying still or wandering around?". Each answer is about a page long - perfect.
What's the answer to that one?

Weekend paper supplements, Roger Mellie's Ad Break, The Believer, Cabinet, a Granta colletion, the New Yorker, a Spike Milligan book, English usage guides, cosmetics catalogues.

I never know what sort of mood a guest or I will be in. Different plots for different plops, I guess.

What's the answer to that one?

3 answers are given by a physicist, a mathematician and an economist.

The physicist suggest going to one end of the supermarket and walking along by the cash register scanning either side as you walk.

The mathematician suggests that staying put is the best option if your friend is moving around (and vice versa) by putting alot of boundary conditions on surface area covered, topography and what not.

The economist talks about real life conditions - what has happened in the situation before, what pre-arrangements have been made, can you get an announcement made on the loudspeaker?

Nice one Jane. Thought it was a "guy" thing.
The wan thinks I'm mad when I disappear into the crapper for an hour.

Nice one Jane. Thought it was a "guy" thing.
The wan thinks I'm mad when I disappear into the crapper for an hour.

I used to live with someone who thought keeping books in the crapper was 'disgusting'. That was weird. There are definitely books that I buy just for keeping in the bathroom, stuff that's light and written in short chunks.

Pantone and I are going to publish a special (imaginary) magazine called The Shitter. It'll have games and jokes and articles tailored in length for particular types of poops/durations of s(h)itting. Pantsy, what was the name of the kids' version? Was it called Little Shits or something? It would be around the size of the Guardian Guide because you'd have to be able to hold it open with one hand -- you know, just in case. We'll also cut deals with advertisers who can buy space for inserts with free samples of special limited-run toilet paper. You couldn't ask for a more captive audience.

For subscription info, imaginary contact me or Pantone, and we'll add you to our imaginary database.

I've read a ridiculous amount of music books, must be 40 odd different books. The worst without doubt is this
OP51524.jpg

AVOID

if your getting a pixies book go for, fool the world: The oral history of a band called the pixies by Josh Frank & Caryn Ganz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back