shellac dublin oct 28 (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
this was my first shellac experience. always missed them for some reason or another. they were fucking class.

Brilliant gig alright. Good banter from the lads too. Such good musicians. Wowzers.

Awesome gig in the Roisin - Todd Trainer is the king. Albini made a show of one of my friends in the Q & A - fuckin' hilarious!
Todd Trainer's 'pink, stripey shirt Paddy' pisstake was gas too - he literally bounced out from the kit like a jack-in-the-box to the front mic. So spontaneous.

The End of Radio - perfection in action.

todd trainer is a cool dude and great drummer but i thought this gig was tired old men rehashing the same old same old. like magicians who forgot to learn new tricks. and when bob weston was calling the audience cunts i got the distinct impression that he really felt that. moany old fucker. move over grandads.

I was up front at the Galway gig. First half hour was great then the gig took a noticable dive after that. The "drum solo" cheapened the whole thing for me. First time seeing em. I expected more tbh

I was up front at the Galway gig. First half hour was great then the gig took a noticable dive after that. The "drum solo" cheapened the whole thing for me. First time seeing em. I expected more tbh

I thought it got better towards the end. Copper was probably the highlight though.

Copper is a conductor and makes for decent cooking,
dazzled by your beauty still, you know,
plated or anodized, you even fool a layman's eyes,
presentable though you might be, it's unwise to try to fight me.

I love the lyrics.

todd trainer is a cool dude and great drummer but i thought this gig was tired old men rehashing the same old same old. like magicians who forgot to learn new tricks. and when bob weston was calling the audience cunts i got the distinct impression that he really felt that. moany old fucker. move over grandads.
The band definitely seems to be a comfortable hobby or side project for Steve and Bob anyway. I still think they put on a good live show but you're not going to get any life changing stuff at this stage.

I thought they were great craic in Galway. was expecting them to be a pack of whiners. Pleasantly surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back