sh sh shine!!! the House of Love... (1 Viewer)

I remember this gig, and others from when I was a young wan, in great detail. It's the more recent ones I have difficulty remembering.

Frequent conversation between me and boyfriend:
"Band x sound like they might be good, want to go and see them?"
"We already saw them last year supporting Band Y."

Anyone going to the London version of this gig?

House%20of%20Love%20-%20McGonigles,%20Feb%201989.jpg

house of love
mcgonigles, dublin
feb 1989

never
i dont know why i love you
happy
salome
shake & crawl
safe
se dest
nothing to me
blind
hannah
in a room
shine on
destroy the heart
-----------------
man to child
christine
-----------------
love in a car

http://www.magnetize.biz/House.of.Love-McGonigles. Feb.1989.zip

:eek:
A friend of mine lost his shoe in a similar crush at a Wedding Present gig in Chester sometime in 1989. During Take Me.

He didn't find it afterwards.

I met a guy years later (he was from your neck of the woods actually) who claimed that The House Of Love was his first gig and he'd lost his shoe. I reckon he'd heard my mates story and decided it was cool. I mean whats the chances of 2 people losing shoes at a gig like that? Couldn't happen.

I think I bootlegged that gig too but it sounded like crap, even more so than usual, as I was bouncing about. No idea where the casette is either. Probably in the attic.

I'd a pretty complete HOL collection - I even thought Babe Rainbow was a great album - though Audience With The Mind was patchy.

I think I bootlegged that gig too but it sounded like crap, even more so than usual, as I was bouncing about. No idea where the casette is either. Probably in the attic.

I'd a pretty complete HOL collection - I even thought Babe Rainbow was a great album - though Audience With The Mind was patchy.

Babe Rainbow was excellent. Audience is very dull. At least was the last time I played it.

Days Run Away wasn't bad.

I met a guy years later (he was from your neck of the woods actually) who claimed that The House Of Love was his first gig and he'd lost his shoe. I reckon he'd heard my mates story and decided it was cool. I mean whats the chances of 2 people losing shoes at a gig like that? Couldn't happen.

wonder who that was?

must be a tall tale, chances of that happening twice at same gig is very remote.

really enjoyed that.
They sounded great.
Bickers looked younger than most people there.

Very sparse attendance - 150 max I'd say. €25 would be a bit steep for some people and we were trying to figure out who the promoters were.

Album sounded deadly played in order. Fabulous encore choices - Flow, Welt, Real Animal, Shine On and of course Destroy The Heart.
Nice to see the two of them come back for a second one. They certainly looked happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back