sh sh shine!!! the House of Love... (1 Viewer)

bren_at_xfm

just seen they're playing the 1st album start to finish at the Village on 21st Sept...
fuckn excellent!!!!

Christine...Hope...Road...Sulphur...Man To Child...Salome...Love In A Car...Happy...Fisherman's Tale...Touch Me.

Should be a good night.

maybe theyll play destroy the heart this time. they finished on salome the last. was still deadly but not as good as feb '89.

they'd have to play it this time.

Feb 1989 in McGonagles was some gig.
Man To Child and Destroy The Heart were .|..|.|..|.|..|

You going to this one?

i am. will buy a ticket on thursday when i get paid. are you going. maybe we could piss it up in town that night if so.

Reading "The Creation Records Story" put me right off Guy Chadwick.

Creepy breadhead.

Having said that, the book is s'posed to be a load of bollocks, factually.

they'd have to play it this time.

Feb 1989 in McGonagles was some gig.
Man To Child and Destroy The Heart were .|..|.|..|.|..|

You going to this one?

Can you actually remember particular gigs? I saw metallica in the top hat in october 1988 when I was 13, I have one picture in my head of james hetfield with the white gibson explorer and that's it. I can't remember anything else & I wasn't drinking or anything...I went to see sepultura & kreator in 1989, absolutley no memory what so ever of these gigs.. there's other's aswell...but I can't remember....this is worrying

House of Love are one of those bands whose singles didn't reflect the tone of the albums. I remember hearing Christine and going out and buying the album expecting a bunch of fuzzed-out noisy songs. Disappointed. Ended up loving the album eventually though.

I was caught the exact same way with the Ultra Vivid Scene album and Mercy Seat single.

Man to child, christine and destroy the heart (i think) recorded live at that mcgonagles show were released on a free cassette by whatever label they signed to after creation.
i have it at my mum's somewhere.
That show and the belfast one were reviewed by Steve Lamauq in the melody maker.
I was a little bit obsessed.

Didn't the shins close their show in whelan's with a run through destroy the heart?

Man to child, christine and destroy the heart (i think) recorded live at that mcgonagles show were released on a free cassette by whatever label they signed to after creation.
i have it at my mum's somewhere.

That's right. I think I had to send off a postcard to Fontana for it. Black inlay with the three song titles written on the front. Seriously good.

prefuse
I have a good memory that's all.

Damn it I'll be away. Would love to go that. Brought a mate who was a few years younger to that McGonagles gig which was his first proper gig. We stayed right at the front all the way through the terribel support band and sometime within the first five minutes of the HOL set we were thrown to the back of the room and my mate lost his shoe. Had to wait around afterwards to sort through the debris to find it. Ahhh great days Gay, great days.

awww, i have this album on vinyl. haven't listened to it in years. now i simply must put it on when i go home.

Damn it I'll be away. Would love to go that. Brought a mate who was a few years younger to that McGonagles gig which was his first proper gig. We stayed right at the front all the way through the terribel support band and sometime within the first five minutes of the HOL set we were thrown to the back of the room and my mate lost his shoe. Had to wait around afterwards to sort through the debris to find it. Ahhh great days Gay, great days.

:eek:
A friend of mine lost his shoe in a similar crush at a Wedding Present gig in Chester sometime in 1989. During Take Me.

He didn't find it afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back