SFX to be demolished... (1 Viewer)

ramps said:
also, what happened the tivoli. that was a cool spot.

Heading the same way as the SFX!
"CONGRATULATIONS to the Tivoli Theatre’s impresario turned property developer, Tony Byrne, who got the green light from An Bord Pleanála (ABP) last week for his ambitious plans to demolish the theatre and construct a 130-apartment development on Francis Street in Dublin.
The good news is that Byrne hasn’t turned his back completely on the stage. The development will also include a new theatre. However, the impresario’s proposals also include a massive 13-storey apartment block which, needless to say, didn’t go down well with either the Irish Georgian Society or An Taisce.

Both bodies appealed Dublin City Council’s decision to ABP on the grounds that it was an “insensitive development in one of the most historic areas of the city”. An Taisce considered the tower block “excessive” and the Georgian Society maintained that the City Council’s approval of such a high building was in contravention of its own development plan.
However, their concerns fell on deaf ears. ABP’s Board went on to grant permission – albeit with some reduction in height."

All the above makes me feel refreshingly young.
Favourite thing at the sfx: asian dub foundation giving it loads in front of about 10 people in 1997(8?)

tool and smashing pumpkins were 2 great gigs i seen there.
smashing pumpkins was basically the billy chamberlain show, what a drummer. tool i remember mostly for de visuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back