SFX to be demolished... (1 Viewer)

ramps said:
did you ever go to the club thing? notably thursday night? btw, i really enjoyed mega city 4. (ahem) i wasnt really into blur at that stage or curve or carter really. i missed the other two for some reason. yeah, the king, i never bought it.

went to the club Thursday and Saturday most of 1991 and 1992
Panic (Thursday)
Sonic Boom (Saturday)

remember the guy who always wore the RED RIDE T-SHIRT?

that wasn't me by the way, but he stood out

I remember seeing Midway Still do a crap cover of You Made Me Realise - at that MC4 gig.

white with red roses on? i had one of them. i er used to wear it sometimes. i had other clothes though. why did this guy stand out? describe him.

ha midway still. they were ok. i went through a grebo phase. im not ashamed.

nlgbbbblth said:
went to the club Thursday and Saturday most of 1991 and 1992
Panic (Thursday)
Sonic Boom (Saturday)

remember the guy who always wore the RED RIDE T-SHIRT?

that wasn't me by the way, but he stood out

I remember seeing Midway Still do a crap cover of You Made Me Realise - at that MC4 gig.

old-people-reading-copy.jpg

yet another reason to hate mcd. first ever gig was at sfx, pantera/gruntruck feb '93. it was a great place for gigs, although there's been rumors of it being turned into flats going around for years.

ramps said:
white with red roses on? i had one of them. i er used to wear it sometimes. i had other clothes though. why did this guy stand out? describe him.

Think it was white writing, possibly roses. He had long dark hair, tall.

Anytime I saw him out in Dublin in the early 1990's he was wearing that red Ride t-shirt

- McGonagles, Rock Garden, Foggy Dew, Underground, Grogans etc - everywhere I went

ramps said:
anyone else see...sonic youth...in mc gonagles? i wish that venue still existed.

QUOTE]

Oh yes...my most treasured gig.
Begging my mum to let me go into town to see it...

TFC rocked that night too.
Nlllgggggggggggthththt, you're right, they had only released Everything Flows at that stage.

rothko said:
ramps said:
anyone else see...sonic youth...in mc gonagles? i wish that venue still existed.

QUOTE]

Oh yes...my most treasured gig.
Begging my mum to let me go into town to see it...
Yeah, it was fucking rocking. I listened to the bootleg of that gig a couple of years back. My ex-gf had it. I seriously reckon I could hear myself incessantly shouting out for teenage riot. They didn't play it :( . But they did do a whole lot of other cool stuff like Death Valley 69 for example. :)
rothko said:
TFC rocked that night too.
Nlllgggggggggggthththt, you're right, they had only released Everything Flows at that stage.
Yeah, they were grrrreat too. It was sometime the same week I tuned into Radio 1 and heard the first broadcast TF peel session. I still prefer their stuff around the time of God knows it's true to anything else they did. So far gone is such a rocking tune.

I was at Loop in McGonagles. I remember them being a bit disgruntled by the legions of stage divers. At one point going "could you please stop standing on our pedals". Ride were amazing there too.

SFX. MBV, Sugarcubes and Bleach is about all I can remember seeing in there.

saw tons of deadly gigs in the sfx. Grand Slam, Mama's Boys, Metallica, Anthrax, Def Leppard, Accept, Pantera, Alice In Chains, Queensryche, Slayer, Ozzy, Wasp, King's X, Marillion, Priest, MBV, etc....
Best gig I have ever seen in McGonagles was Suicidal Tendancies.

boigaz said:
Yeah, it was fucking rocking. I listened to the bootleg of that gig a couple of years back. My ex-gf had it. I seriously reckon I could hear myself incessantly shouting out for teenage riot. They didn't play it :( . But they did do a whole lot of other cool stuff like Death Valley 69 for example. :)

Yeah, they were grrrreat too. It was sometime the same week I tuned into Radio 1 and heard the first broadcast TF peel session. I still prefer their stuff around the time of God knows it's true to anything else they did. So far gone is such a rocking tune.

I was at Loop in McGonagles. I remember them being a bit disgruntled by the legions of stage divers. At one point going "could you please stop standing on our pedals". Ride were amazing there too.

SFX. MBV, Sugarcubes and Bleach is about all I can remember seeing in there.

SY/TFC was such an enjoyable gig, the Goo tour, back then I was a lot fitter....
as in not getting out of breath if I mosh for a few minutes like nowadays.

That Loop gig was mayhem, my friend Mick was with me and he stagedived, busting his nose off someone's fist in the process.

Bleach had two great 12"s - one had Wipe It Away and Decadence, the other had Dipping and was mispressed.

Jesus, I was at most of the gigs mentioned here (except 99% of Anthony's SFX gigs).
I feel really old now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back