Sevilla (1 Viewer)

tibor

In town for a weekend at the end of the month.
Any recommendations for things to see/do?

Won't have time to hit Granada unfortunately.

that's a pity. granada is deadly.

i haven't been to sevilla (didn't have time when i was in granada funnily enough) but I'd imagine you'll be spoilt for old world architectural treats like most old spanish cities. when you're actually there, check out a tourist office. I had good experiences with the andalucian tourist board last year; you should be able to pick up a load of info...

otherwise, just grab a cerveza and enjoy the sunshine!

arriba.

I studied in the Unviersity there last year. Sevilla is amazing. Super chep too.

You're best off just wandering around. For touristy things, get yourself to the Real Alcázar. It's a load of old palacy type buildings with long gardens with peacocks. It's handy too cuz it's right beside the Catedral. Get up the tower for spectacular views of the city.

Food is cheap and delicious. My top recommendation would be Coloniales in Plaza de la Encarnación. Find this place and get there early if you wanna get a table. If your late, stick your name up on the board and grab a beer in the bar. Also, beside the catedral there's a cervecería called La Giraldilla which does the best tortilla I've ever had. Ever.

If you want a jig with loads of loud Spanish people, the local indie disco is called Fun Club (pronounced "foon cloob"). A bit meh, but if you're gasping for some nightlife it's ok.

La Alameda was my favourite area. It's got the nicest bars, but if ya want real Spanishy type places, go to the residential areas. A general rule would be to avoid restaurants with menus in multiple languages.

Oh and La Carboneríá is free in Flamenco guitar and dancing. Really recommend it.

Cheers for the tips.

Was over the weekend before last, great city.
They had Corpus Christi celebrations on the Saturday night I was there, with numerous brass bands winding their way through the narrow streets. Deadly stuff.

La Carboneríá was interesting and conveniently just around the corner from the hotel. Pretty cool that even in a tourist trap style place a beer will only cost you 2 eurobucks.

Paella, paella, everywhere.

It was hot as hell when we were there.
It hit 45 degrees on our last day.

Beautiful city though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back