Setting up a Print Server? (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

Currently I have a computer on my network with new Printers attached (a Canon Ip4600 and a Brother Laser).

Now I wasnt to teach myself a bit about WIndows Server 2003 and wanted to use this machine as a print server. Unfortunally there doesn't seem to be Canon Drivers for that machine?

Its there a way around this? If the Server machine recognises the Canon Printer (but has no drivers for it) - will machines on the net work (with drivers) be able to print on the Canon...

Thanks..

Drivers for that Canon here -> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...ategoryid=184&modelid=17105#DownloadDetailAct (click on the 'Drivers & Downloads'tab, then select Windows XP from the drop-down, there's no specific Server 2003 drivers for it but anything XP uses will be grand on 2003.) Yeah, once the printer is shared out on the server the client machines won't need the drivers, the drivers are synced to the client machines iirc. There's an eventlog entry on that gets generated showing the drivers the client machines have downloaded from the print server (eventlog on the client machines, not the server).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back