seriously (1 Viewer)

guy of the tiger

,why do grannies dye their hair blue?

is it granny-fashion or does it have some health benefits?

seriously? does anyone know?

FancyGoods said:
I'm not buying it.

theres got to be some other reason.
I don't know what will happen to me once I reveal that I know this. The stuff they use isn't really a dye, but a bluish 'wash' that is supposed to to neutralise the yellowish tones that often tinge grey hair. They figure that if they're going to be grey, it might as well be properly grey. Problem is, they've been known to go a little overboard, and it doesn't actually work all that well in the first place.

When I was all punk rock hair and stuff, I used to bleach my hair out white and then use the granny wash to get rid of the yellowy bits that were left. Not very effective.

Well.. it looks better than those grannies that die their hair brown, and then let it grow out, so they've got the two-tone brown-and-white. The sight of which, frankly, makes me want to puke blood.

I suppose grey is better than yellow. Blue hair is crazy on grannies though. Maybe grannies are aliens with blue hair trying to integrate into the community.
and maybe there boobs sag because of the higher gravity on earth than their home plant Granzol. That would explaintheir cheeks and chins also.

jane said:
I don't know what will happen to me once I reveal that I know this. The stuff they use isn't really a dye, but a bluish 'wash' that is supposed to to neutralise the yellowish tones that often tinge grey hair. They figure that if they're going to be grey, it might as well be properly grey. Problem is, they've been known to go a little overboard, and it doesn't actually work all that well in the first place.

When I was all punk rock hair and stuff, I used to bleach my hair out white and then use the granny wash to get rid of the yellowy bits that were left. Not very effective.

Punks the lot of em. Hells Grannies.

The real reason they dye it blue is cause if they dyed it green they would all look like oompa loompas (what with their shrunken stature and shiney faces) and they would scare the living shit our of their grandkids. No more visits. Just long evenings spent staring out the net curtains onto the gray street.

What gets me, as well as the blue rinse bit obviously, is the hair styles grannies wear. Why do grannies not cut a nice little stylish bob or something? Or get a pair of GHD straighteners? They all have this helmet of curly hair? Incomprehensible.

Latex lizzie said:
I knew you'd be in here.

Ya, so? I managed to restrain myself from posting on the "What's Rocking Your World' thread. (I knew they were referring to music in there so decided not to tell them about the lovely Christian Dior handbaggy that I've to play with today, which is totally rocking my world:).)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back