seriously (3 Viewers)

Psychotic no 2 said:
Ya, so? I managed to restrain myself from posting on the "What's Rocking Your World' thread. (I knew they were referring to music in there so decided not to tell them about the lovely Christian Dior handbaggy that I've to play with today, which is totally rocking my world:).)
I do always wonder what will happen to us when we become grannies. Will we, too adopt the helmet hair? Like, when you turn 65, do they give you a bus pass and a leaflet detailing the available hairstyles?

Handbag? Wanna trade? I've got a book about Amazonians and Spaniards that's boring me to tears with its hyper-Marxist hullabaloo. I'd much prefer a handbag.

jane said:
I do always wonder what will happen to us when we become grannies. Will we, too adopt the helmet hair? Like, when you turn 65, do they give you a bus pass and a leaflet detailing the available hairstyles?

Handbag? Wanna trade? I've got a book about Amazonians and Spaniards that's boring me to tears with its hyper-Marxist hullabaloo. I'd much prefer a handbag.

Oh Jesus, that sounds pretty bad. Would it help for you to know that I can't stop singing Crocodile Rock in my head and I am too afraid to bring the handbag outside of the office in case something terrible happened to it?
Everyone has their cross.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Oh Jesus, that sounds pretty bad. Would it help for you to know that I can't stop singing Crocodile Rock in my head and I am too afraid to bring the handbag outside of the office in case something terrible happened to it?
Everyone has their cross.
Sometimes I feel that way about that grey-green hat I got for Christmas. Of course, I could just get my hair styled to match it, in case I ever lost it.

jane said:
Sometimes I feel that way about that grey-green hat I got for Christmas. Of course, I could just get my hair styled to match it, in case I ever lost it.

Dude, I just realised I never saw that little fur hat you bought - is that because it wouldn't be safe for you to wear it around me?

Gav, handbags talk is now officially (kinda, in so far as it can ever be) over...let's talk about guitars...this is my new baby.

Attachments

• Jaguar.jpg
    Jaguar.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 28
Psychotic no 2 said:
Dude, I just realised I never saw that little fur hat you bought - is that because it wouldn't be safe for you to wear it around me?

Gav, handbags talk is now officially (kinda, in so far as it can ever be) over...let's talk about guitars...this is my new baby.

You know I hate you.

Psychotic no 2 said:

Your man told me that you girls were making music on sunday(I know crazy..girls with geetars..never looks right) what time are yiz finished cos I need to get that amp out on sunday? maybe yiz might giz a tune?

jane said:
I don't know what will happen to me once I reveal that I know this. The stuff they use isn't really a dye, but a bluish 'wash' that is supposed to to neutralise the yellowish tones that often tinge grey hair. They figure that if they're going to be grey, it might as well be properly grey. Problem is, they've been known to go a little overboard, and it doesn't actually work all that well in the first place.
in further fascinating granny hair fact news, apparently the reason why they often go overboard with the blue rinse is that your colour vision can go a bit wonky in your later years - normal grey hair can look yellowish to its owner, while scary blue hair will look, well, normal.

i can offer no explanation for the curly helmet hairdos, though.

did anyone see that episode of the cosby show that told the story of how he met his wife, and it was mostly animated?

it happened... and everyone else in the room was off their tits and had to rely on me to confirm that it actually happened

Edel, your Jazzmaster is blue-rinse blue!

ps I hate you...

on topic, my grannie had purple hair for a while, when i asked her why, she replyed, "because it's funny" and roared laughing! true story... my grannie rules! dead now buh...

minka said:
i can offer no explanation for the curly helmet hairdos, though.
I think your hair goes pretty thin when you get old, so lots of old women get a perm to make it seem less so.
I think the headscarf thing among grannies is amazing, even though it seems to be dying out now ... seems that headscarves were fashionable when they were young, so just they stuck with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back