Second Hand Bike Shops? (1 Viewer)

Willie Willions

Since 2000
Are there any shops in Dublin that sell second hand (racing) bikes or frames? I'm bleedin sick of having a franken-bike that's constantly falling apart...

Bolt%20Cutters.jpg

Are there any shops in Dublin that sell second hand (racing) bikes or frames? I'm bleedin sick of having a franken-bike that's constantly falling apart...

yeah, private ads are the best. racing bikes are all the rage these days so you might get something not too old for a decent price. what's your budget?

While we're on the subject, is there anywhere I can get tires/tubes/ball bearings in Dublin and won't be completely ripped off?

ball bearings are cheap. decent tyres are expensive but worth it in my opinion. you can get cheap ones too but. the internet is the best place to buy. i usually go with chain reaction cycles 'cos postage is free and they are pretty quick.

They also had a couple in the shop on camden street, i think its called penny farthing or summat

this place is total rip off, no second hand bikes for less than 120/130 quid. and theyre not woirth it, theyre the type of bikes you buy for new for that price. defo go for the private ads

or if you dont mind travelling a tiny bit stillorgan cycles (in stillorgan of all places!?) have a few decent looking ones.

Not your woman up
by st peter's church in Phibsboro, if you see anything decent there it's dodgy/robbed ( if she's still in business that is). and don't bother with adverts.ie- seems to be the biggest hangout of time wasters ever assembled in the history of the net-is soooo annoying the amount of crap on that site. ask all those couriers who are to cool for road bikes if they have something for sale now they are hip fixey heads...

The lads who've taken over UCD bike shop from the grumpy cunt who ran it for years are dead sound, couple of Polish chaps, they always give me great prices and there's tones of secondhand bikes there, plus they're always willing to do a deal. CHECK THAT SHIZZLE.

The lads who've taken over UCD bike shop from the grumpy cunt who ran it for years are dead sound, couple of Polish chaps, they always give me great prices and there's tones of secondhand bikes there, plus they're always willing to do a deal. CHECK THAT SHIZZLE.

the guy with the stutter? he was always really sound to me.

the guy with the stutter? he was always really sound to me.

Yeah, Robbie. He was indeed dead sound, pretty funny & real nice when you got to know him, but he was still a cranky shit. Always moaning at people and firing them after two days, acting as if a 20-minute job was an epic undertaking, being a week late with something he'd said he'd have done by that afternoon. He almost ran the place into the ground, I'm not sure if he was fired or if he quit, he just disappeared from one week to the next a few months ago, the new lads didn't know what the story was. They're doing a way better job there now anyway. Into punk as well, one of them had a HHIG badge on his cap, I've met them at a few gigs since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back