Seanad referendum (2 Viewers)

i was in east galway this morning. my relative went into his polling station at about midday. he reckoned from the book/list thing that he was about the 2nd/3rd in.

Was talking to my old man this evening, he goes to the same station as me and voted around 4, claimed he was only the 27th person in that day.

I voted, very quite a long day for those working at the polling station should have thought about one of the votes a bit more also should have put something on that six to one bet

pretty good performance from the donegal dollop (donegal equivalent of waterford whisperer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i didn't get to vote until 9:50pm. turnout did not look healthy, but radio is saying 40%?

Given the polls before the vote it would seem that, combined with complacency from would-be 'yes' voters has taken the noose from the seanad's neck.
From RTE's reading of it, Dublin has gone no while a lot of rural areas are going yes.
Ah, there's the angelus.

the big problem with polls as i see them and judging their accuracy is that the "don't know/unsure/won't vote" part are always around 20 - 30% for a referendum while if they were accurate, it should be 60% or so so that this difference has the affect of just making them for the most part meaningless.

Last edited:
It means 6/1 you win six times what you bet
1/14 means you win + 1 every 14 you put down

So I honestly don't know if any scientific law's or logic have to apply.
But what it is saying though is the Seanad is a dead duck or at least they think so.
Probably not the sort of information you need to consider to decide your vote. They could be wrong.

i meant purely in the laws of probability and maths laws rather than bookmakers. as some one who doesn't bet because the odds are stacked so much in favour of the bookmakers, this is why and that the risk is far greater than the return, which is now economics theory.

the house always wins in gambling but the question at hand is which house will win the referendum ;)

Well RTE syas the no vote is ahead...
Should have a least put a tener on the 6-1 i would have got 60 euro + my ten back...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back