Seanad referendum (3 Viewers)

Paddy power odds

RESULT OF REFERENDUM
Friday 4th October 2013, 14:00

For (Seanad to be abolished)
1/14
Against (Seanad to remain)
6/1

in theory if it is 1/14 yes, shouldn't the no side be at 14/1, based on mathematical probability.

It means 6/1 you win six times what you bet
1/14 means you win + 1 every 14 you put down

So I honestly don't know if any scientific law's or logic have to apply.
But what it is saying though is the Seanad is a dead duck or at least they think so.
Probably not the sort of information you need to consider to decide your vote. They could be wrong.

Last edited:
the math is based on that fact that if you put an equal amount on both outcomes then the bookmaker profits.

if loads of people bet on one, they have a larger pool to work that logic on, so it skews further and further as it approaches deadlines.

i've just driven three hours to vote.

there is a distinct possibility that a family member has decided to light the fire with my polling card.

You don't need your card to vote, bring some other form of ID

At least, I'm fairly sure you don't.

i found it.

the lady out there asked me could i stop a few cars on the way out and ask would they come in.

it sorta seems the elite* will be deciding this one.

*people who live close enough to home, on ireland or could be arsed to leave the house for ten minutes.

the lady out there asked me could i stop a few cars on the way out and ask would they come in.

That quiet huh?

I went in at lunch and I was the only person there. Though I live/work in an area that's part commuter belt/part rural so I'd say it'll get busier in a couple of hours when people get home from Dublin, and the farmers can get in whenever.

That quiet huh?

I went in at lunch and I was the only person there. Though I live/work in an area that's part commuter belt/part rural so I'd say it'll get busier in a couple of hours when people get home from Dublin and the farmers can get in whenever.

i was in east galway this morning. my relative went into his polling station at about midday. he reckoned from the book/list thing that he was about the 2nd/3rd in.

All quiet in my station an hour or so ago, the list was fairly unbothered too.
Didn't the Gardai used to have a presence at every polling place or is that sort of carry on reserved for general elections?

I can't say I ever noticed one in my polling station on the North Strand

I'd be around there at 7am though

I'm working at a rural polling station today, the guard dropped in this morning for a minute. At another polling station a few years ago the guard stayed pretty much all day and local parents set up patrols to keep their brats away

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back