Scottish Independence (3 Viewers)

Surely EU membership for Catalonia/The Basque country wouldn't be an issue for a Spain that is willing to let them secede.

I mean in terms of there definitely being a portion of those groups who vote vote for independence no matter what conditions but there might still be a portion of people there on the fence for whom the issue of EU membership might be something that could sway them one way or the other, notional nationalism is one thing, achieving it to the detriment of how you live your day to day life is another. All I'm saying is that in theory Spain, who would presumably still favour unity even in the event of this theoretical future vote taking place might like to have that card in their deck.

I think england should be independent and not propped up by a uk/british isles collective which puts england at the centre of things. scots are well fit to invent something better. the whole debate rings of stockholm syndrome.

we should let Cork have a vote on their independence with their peoples republic bullshit. And if they vote no then fuck them out anyway.
Then West Cork would secede from the rest of the county. And then Douglas would secede from the city itself.
They'd love it.
When Tallaght declares itself a nation a day later someone will paint a mural on the side of their house on the Blessington Road that says "You are now entering free Tallaght" two days later that will be covered over by "Pushers out" Then "*insert name here* is a Rat" Then that eventually will be covered by "PrickAIDS2014!!!"

Ah home!!!

When Tallaght declares itself a nation a day later someone will paint a mural on the side of their house on the Blessington Road that says "You are now entering free Tallaght" two days later that will be covered over by "Pushers out" Then "*insert name here* is a Rat" Then that eventually will be covered by "PrickAIDS2014!!!"

Ah home!!!
I don't think tallaght would have to declare itself a nation for all that to happen

"If Scotland divorces Britain, the union jack will have to be redesigned, which is upsetting news for every prick with a union jack cushion on their stupid sofa in their stupid house. Minus the soothing, steadying blue of the saltire, the flag’s going to resemble a violent blood-burst staining a shroud. Better to scrap it and start again with a new design that more accurately reflects the spirit of the age. I vote for a crying brown oblong."

David Cameron can’t help the No campaign – he’s less popular in Scotland than Windows 8 | Comment is free | The Guardian

"If Scotland divorces Britain, the union jack will have to be redesigned, which is upsetting news for every prick with a union jack cushion on their stupid sofa in their stupid house. Minus the soothing, steadying blue of the saltire, the flag’s going to resemble a violent blood-burst staining a shroud. Better to scrap it and start again with a new design that more accurately reflects the spirit of the age. I vote for a crying brown oblong."

David Cameron can’t help the No campaign – he’s less popular in Scotland than Windows 8 | Comment is free | The Guardian

I had some LOLs (actual) reading that.

And in London’s last remaining DVD shop, Gregory’s Girl will quietly be re-categorised as “world cinema”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back