scary cold callers (1 Viewer)

muffin

ok this dude just knocked on my door and told me that he needed to come in and check our phone line. I asked him why and he kept talking about needing to check them and blah blah blah. Then he asked me what telephone provider I was with. I told him that if he was here to check the phone lines, surely he should already know which provider I was with. So I asked him who had sent him and he said he was with Talk Talk. He was really persistant and kinda scary. I asked him to leave and he called me a cow and walked off. I'm literally shaking as I write this.

Is there anyone I can call to complain to as all of the phone numbers on the Talk Talk site are in England.

eta: ok i just found their irish number...they can expect a very angry phone call.

look out your window. is he standing in the middle of the street staring at your house, eyes lit by the fire of hades, bathed in drizzle, with the film of water giving him an ethereal glow?

if not, i'd say your alright.

cow. ;)

i would call the cops. he sounds well dodge
pollard_228x337.jpg

ok so rang comreg and they told me to ring talk talk and tell them I wanted to lodge a formal complaint. They have ten days to get back to me or comreg take up the complaint themselves.

I rang Talk Talk and told the girl I wanted to make a formal complaint etc. So at the end of it she goes "Oh well we're very sorry. They aren't hired by Talk Talk but we'll make sure it doesn't happen again." So I said to her "Well according to Comreg you have 10 working days to respond to the complaint and after that they will piCk up the complaint themselves." So girl on the phone says "Well I should probably write it down" and then proceeds to get me to tell her my tale of woe again..

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with people????

look out your window. is he standing in the middle of the street staring at your house, eyes lit by the fire of hades, bathed in drizzle, with the film of water giving him an ethereal glow?

if not, i'd say your alright.

cow. ;)

Watch it..I'm in a bad enough mood already!:)

if they aren't hired by talk talk, how can she be sure it won't happen again???
also - if they're not hired by talk talk, who the hell are they????

also this thread has put Talk Talk on my I.J.

why would someone from talk talk need to come in and check your phone line? talk talk would know you're not a customer.
ring the cops and give them a description.

I probably should do..I dunno..Maybe I'm over reacting to the whole thing..What a horribly frightening scary day..

I probably should do..I dunno..Maybe I'm over reacting to the whole thing..What a horribly frightening scary day..

The worry that you're overreacting is totally normal, and it's how a lot of the scams work -- they play on most people's desire to be at least relatively polite and not make accusations.

If it is actually a scam, then the guy has probably been to other houses in the area, and either the cops should know about it or they already do, in which case they'll want to know who's been 'visited'. It can't hurt to call them and just make sure.

It's interesting that they'd do these callouts during the day when it's mostly old people and stay at home mammies who are in.

Sorry to hear he was such a dick, even if he was legit. It's crappy when you feel like you're intruded upon in the comfort of your own home, where you're not supposed to have to deal with jerks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back