saying "the christmas" (2 Viewers)

what about the sudan and the leb?

anyway, i sometimes say "the christmas" but sometimes just "christmas". In westmeath, where im from, theres a whole universe-load of context-specific background detail regarding the use of the "the" but i could never hope to express a lifetimes worth of language learning experience in this post.

what about the sudan and the leb?

anyway, i sometimes say "the christmas" but sometimes just "christmas". In westmeath, where im from, theres a whole universe-load of context-specific background detail regarding the use of the "the" but i could never hope to express a lifetimes worth of language learning experience in this post.

ya could try!! !ninjaaaa

what about those of us who are yeast intolerant? are we destined to the fiery depths of hell?

No cos there's no yeast in communion wafers.

The gluten intolerent are however banned from holy orders. I'm not sure if this means their going to hell. Probably.

ya could try!! !ninjaaaa

im not sure. i think if the word christmas is preceded by the word during or over then i might throw in a the. "during the christmas" and "over the christmas" sound right somehow, dont they? I would never say "after the christmas" though - it should be "after christmas", i wouldnt say "the christmas day" either.

It's short for the Christmas Period, or other such wordiness. It's just an abbreviation.

Sure what's the harm one way or another.

The Xmas, The Lebanon, The Sudan (These last two are Westernised ways of saying things and aren't actually wrong - it's like saying Germany for Deutschland).

PS The Our Father.

I always found that gas.

the passion of the christ was obviously just following tradition, so. every time anyone said the title, i just wanted to keep adding 'the' between anything they said afterwards. the afterwards.

It's possible that christ was made of bread. As he said "take this all of you and eat it. This is my body..." he could well have been tearing yeasty bits off one of his legs.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back