Saul Bellow (1 Viewer)

Yeah definitely worth a go. Well, I like him innit.

Try Humbolt's Gift or The Adventures Of Augie March and if you like these, tackle Herzog.
His Collected Stories is well worth reading too.

I'm mid-The Adventures of Augie March as we speak. Grandma Lausch has already stalked into my gallery of all-time favourite characters.

Henderson The Rain King is also great.

I'm mid-The Adventures of Augie March as we speak. Grandma Lausch has already stalked into my gallery of all-time favourite characters.

Henderson The Rain King is also great.

me too. isn't that cool.

i'm only about 30 pages into it so far though. it's very dense. i have to keep re-reading sections of it to cop on to where it's at. looks like it will be as good as herzog. neilo you wimpo, put your back into it

I just read Kosinski's The Painted Bird there a while ago.

I mean, its a completey insane book, and I wouldn't recommend it to any normal person. But this is thumped like, so, ehh, I found it pretty good. Sounds a bit like some of the above... might be interested... maybe?
Dunno.

what's the Saul Bellow book about Chicago? I was talking to a guy about it once and it sounded so amazing...kept looking for it in Charlie Byrnes but I can't remember the title now?

Well that's a bit like asking which James Joyce book is about Dublin...but you're probably thinking of 'Augie March'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back