Santiago de Compestella (1 Viewer)

brianoak

Spelling is most likely completely wrong.Anyone ever done it on foot or on a bike?Im thinking of cycling it mid August.

brian/heathons said:
Spelling is most likely completely wrong.Anyone ever done it on foot or on a bike?Im thinking of cycling it mid August.

Cool. I've been to the city (did it the lazy way and got a bus). It's a fantastic place. Really beautiful city. I'm not sure about doing the pilgrimage thing though .... you're probably gonna end up hanging out with weird Christian Youth types on the way.

Ha ha, nah the mam just did it for the walk like and she said its just full of mountainbikers and backpackers.And sure il just tape some slayer backwards and play it to them in their sleep that will sort them out if it comes to it;).
hugh said:
Cool. I've been to the city (did it the lazy way and got a bus). It's a fantastic place. Really beautiful city. I'm not sure about doing the pilgrimage thing though .... you're probably gonna end up hanging out with weird Christian Youth types on the way.

me and the lady are thinking of doing it this year. another friend and his lady are doing it this year.

I know some people that have done it a few times. it is supposed to be amazing.

One of the guys who has done it a few times is trying a different, older, pagan route soon apparently.

that chap met some of the Weevie Stonder lads on it a few years back.

i have been dying to do this for years. I really want to do it from Paris.

another guy I know cycled it. He flew into the country picked up a second hand bike at the start and sold it when he finished.

Im a bit of a bike snob so I kinda wanted to bring mine with me:p cos the last thing you want is to ride a bike you hate over a long distance for a week.I only have a week to do it so im probably going to try and do a loop ton save on hassles with different flights and airlines cos I have heard of people having awfu; trouble with getting bikes on planes.It took one of my lecturers a year to get his back after he did the same trip two years ago.
broken arm said:
i have been dying to do this for years. I really want to do it from Paris.

another guy I know cycled it. He flew into the country picked up a second hand bike at the start and sold it when he finished.

did some of this (el camino del norte) backwards (from salamanca to seville)

brilliant...disturbing a pack(?) of wild boars in the woods and scaring the fuck out of meself was a highlight!

had a mad time, extremadura is incredible

if you only have a week you might want to spend it all in galicia as this is (apparentely) the best part of the (normal) route

2 days walk from santiago de compostella is Capo Finisterre (the end of the world in medieval times), it would be a shame to finish in the city unless you were quite religious.
do it, the hostels are free, and the walkers aren't overly religious, though it does make me think of oprah winfrey and paola coelho

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back