Safe Places to Lock Bikes .. (2 Viewers)

out of shot on the right would be the seat stays,so you couldnt just undo the wheel and slide it out,and if you havent got a cable,its a good way to secure both bike and wheel,but,someone could quite easily saw through the back wheel and rip the fucker out,or just have a go at it as it looks like it shouldn't work.Sorry,what I linked to there wasnt what I meant to!

I'm looking at parking my bike outside the Cycleways on Parnell Street tomorrow morning while I'm in Cineworld for a couple of hours. (Deets: I've got a good U-lock and cable, always lock up the front wheel and back frame as per the video earlier in this thread, no quick release anything on my rusty hybrid). Anyone else have any experience parking there?

I just bought a pretty black matte ridgeback hybrid, and I'm very excited to cycle it.

I'm not feeling super confident about leaving it in town at all, but its ok because I mostly cycle between home and work, and my business park is pretty secure and has a bike rack in the underground carpark,so i'll probably just alternate between there and my hallway.

I'm looking at parking my bike outside the Cycleways on Parnell Street tomorrow morning while I'm in Cineworld for a couple of hours. (Deets: I've got a good U-lock and cable, always lock up the front wheel and back frame as per the video earlier in this thread, no quick release anything on my rusty hybrid). Anyone else have any experience parking there?

I used to lock to one of the polls right outside the cinema or directly across the street and never had a problem.

My thinking is that it was highly visible and not an enticing target.
Not sure how solid that thinking is.

Outside Cycleways should be fine too.

I just bought a pretty black matte ridgeback hybrid, and I'm very excited to cycle it.

I'm not feeling super confident about leaving it in town at all, but its ok because I mostly cycle between home and work, and my business park is pretty secure and has a bike rack in the underground carpark,so i'll probably just alternate between there and my hallway.

Smart. Keep it out of the rain as much as possible.

I regularly lock up outside Cineworld (the corner of Smyths) and haven't had any hassle. I'm a bit blasé about my bike though since it's clearly very very cheap compared to all the other bikes I park it with.

Sidenote, but @Gambra; did I see you at Metropolis a few weeks back? I wasn't sure if it was you or not.

Update: Locked my bike outside Cineworld this morning, first one at the street-side racks, but 'twas grand - loads more bikes were there when I came out, and I left it again to go get comics over the river.

Now, I wonder if I can do the same at Smithfield? There's a bike rack down the lane beside Charter Medical but it doesn't look like anyone uses it...

Update: Locked my bike outside Cineworld this morning, first one at the street-side racks, but 'twas grand - loads more bikes were there when I came out, and I left it again to go get comics over the river.

Now, I wonder if I can do the same at Smithfield? There's a bike rack down the lane beside Charter Medical but it doesn't look like anyone uses it...
I personally don't like those racks

I have seen lads cut through them

I prefer poles

Anyone wanna go in with me and some others in setting up a secure bike parking facility in Dublin? They have them in Germany, Holland and the biggest one is in Sao Paolo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back