Sadam (1 Viewer)

jane said:
I can't imagine what it must feel like to be an Iraqi right now. If you're happy about the capture, you risk being used as a tool for the US media; if you're not, then you must be a Saddam supporter. How can they win?
i was cycling into town last night and a cavalcade of cars passed me by - it was iraqis driving around, waving flags, beeping their horns, shouting and laughing. i've never seen people more happy in my life. i waved and smiled, because regardless of the propaganda uses of all of this, they were absolutely thrilled. no doubt it will be exploited for p.r. puropses, but it was great to see.

alright then, when are the people of the world going to rise up against the american government is what i mean. i think everyone is just going to talk about stuff until something really really terrible happens, something that will actually scar the earth for hundreds of years. there's a good few candidates... how long will it take america to come up with a reason for invading somewhere like china? i mean, there's stuff to be had in china. something about a moral obligation to not leave the planet in a worse condition that we found it and all that... a cohesive notion? me? ha ha ha.

the neptunes are a pretty good band though, there's no denying that.

Pantone247 said:
yeah...

em...

I *seriously* doubt anyone is Iraq is concerned about their portrayl by the US media. *Seriously*

Lets not get all Michael Moore here okay.

They found him in a hole. They thought he was organising malitia groups around the country sucsessfully attacking US troops.... but he was in a hole.

I wonder if he had any WMD down there?

You're probably right, at least in terms of the Iraqis who are still in IRaq. They're a hell of a lot more worried about not getting blown up, about maybe getting some food at some point, fixing that bomb crater in the middle of what used to be their house, etc...

I was thinking more along the lines of the ones who are now living in the West. The media certainly had a good time showing expatriate Iraqis dancing in the streets in the US and Britain.

Yeah, they found him in a hole, which means he was far from doing any organising of anything but his own hide-outs, but I'm sure the sight of him being taken away had some symbolic value for people who lived under his regime.

That the attacks on US troops are always blamed on Saddam supporters misses the point: the West is SO resented by so many people there that most of them probably have nothing to do with Saddam Hussein.

WMD? Oh, geez, we're supposed to have forgotten all about those, remember?

I think what jane was referring to was that there wasnt too many people out celebrating on the streets (the odd gun being fired and a crowd of 20 or 30 people in the main square). Maybe they didnt want cameras being shoved in their face because the situation on the ground for them hasnt changed - i.e. few have electricity, water, money and people are still dying etc. Even Tony Blair had to ring Bush to insist that it wasnt to be used a gloating card for the occupation etc.

Hag, Im pulling you leg. You do have legs dont you?

yeah... oh, hang on... no. i forgot about that, i'm on wheels since the weekend. the guy, not the deadly invention for moving shit around on.

broken arm said:
Hag, Im pulling you leg. You do have legs dont you?

broken arm said:
a gloating card for the occupation etc.
that's a funny one. i was watching six-one news and they had a snippet of paul bremer at the first press conference going "ladies an' gennlemen (dramatic pause) we got him!" followed by wild cheering.

then it got very sombre very quickly. someone obviously decided that it wasn't going to look very good to be leaping around yee-har-ing.

i 2nd that. he was dressed as 'explosion boy' on saturday... just all this mad burnt shit with holes in it. pretty insightful.

tom. said:
that's a funny one. i was watching six-one news and they had a snippet of paul bremer at the first press conference going "ladies an' gennlemen (dramatic pause) we got him!" followed by wild cheering.
QUOTE]

I almost puked fifteen colours when I saw this. Not a surprise, but still. Too much.

I'm NOT looking forward to how much crap I'm going to have to hear in the US about how the capture of Saddam was a great Christmas prezzie. I'm going to have to have a constant gin-drip just to keep the anger of lucid sobriety from forcing me to throttle any right-wing warmonger-lovers.

sure that's a deadly idea for just walking around town and stuff. sleeping too... imagine the deadly dreams you'd have!

here, deadly cookies.... as in really nice. cheers :)

jane said:
I'm going to have to have a constant gin-drip just to keep the anger of lucid sobriety from forcing me to throttle any right-wing warmonger-lovers.

marathon.jpg

heh heh, i think i was told that mine was being given a blowjob or something... maybe it was, by a very small black thing the size of it's own willy. i chowed down, nonetheless.
tom. said:
i couldn't figure out if the one i ate was a boy or a girl. non-specific silvery genitals.

just nice honest to god cookies. sweet, yet light at the same time. i reckon, given the circumstances, i could have put away at least 20.
snakybus said:
were these cookies of the spatial variety?

or were they just biscuits?

hag said:
just nice honest to god cookies. sweet, yet light at the same time. i reckon, given the circumstances, i could have put away at least 20.
mmmmm...cookies....

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Cookie cookie cookie starts with C

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back