Running? (9 Viewers)

How often do y’all change runners? I’m happy to say I’m approaching 1000km on my pair of Brookes. Took close to a year. Can definitely feel the ground on the ball of my feet more than I used to in the last month or so. Would have laughed at the idea of changing runners so frequently years ago but given a couple of injuries over the Years I’m willing to commit to a new pair if they’re needed

How often do y’all change runners? I’m happy to say I’m approaching 1000km on my pair of Brookes. Took close to a year. Can definitely feel the ground on the ball of my feet more than I used to in the last month or so. Would have laughed at the idea of changing runners so frequently years ago but given a couple of injuries over the Years I’m willing to commit to a new pair if they’re needed

The rule of thumb is supposed to be 250 miles/ 400km
But a lot of people will stretch that to almost double

At that point the rubber has lost a lot of its bounce and you are increasing the chance of injury

Treat yourself

Rotating shoes extends their life a lot - like if you'd one pair of say eccos for work 5 days a week and they last 1000 days, having two pairs and alternating them day to day you'd get maybe 2500-3000 days if you are airing them each day. I assume this is magnified for runners.

Rotating shoes extends their life a lot - like if you'd one pair of say eccos for work 5 days a week and they last 1000 days, having two pairs and alternating them day to day you'd get maybe 2500-3000 days if you are airing them each day. I assume this is magnified for runners.
Indianajones GIF by CBS

How does that work? I usually bin shoes when the soles wear out, how does rotating them slow that down?

I recently just spent more on a pair of runners than I've ever spent on footwear (not accounting for inflation, I think). Then realised they're too warm to wear in the summer, so I may take up running to justify my investment.

Never hurts to throw running shoes into the washing machine with a cold wash
Keeps them clean and fresh

I do this about every couple of weeks

I wash everything on cold anyways, so it's never a hassle

If you don't wash certain things at 60 degrees you don't kill bacteria though?

I have no idea tbh about bacteria

There's a basementt threshold for washing at 60F - which is what detergents need to work
The water temp isn't really doing anything beyond that afaik.
I pick cold wash (which the machine will mix up hot & cold water taps to achieve 60-80F) and I have never had a problem
I am kinda 'into' laundry
Modern detergents are pretty amazing

Hot water fucks up your clothes

Last edited:
I have no idea tbh about bacteria

That's fine they probably have no idea about you either. my understanding is that bedrooms stuff, underwear, bathroom stuff needs 60c washes to kill off the bacteria that comes off our disgusting human bodies to be actually clean and not a disease transmission project.

That's fine they probably have no idea about you either. my understanding is that bedrooms stuff, underwear, bathroom stuff needs 60c washes to kill off the bacteria that comes off our disgusting human bodies to be actually clean and not a disease transmission project.

I honestly don't know

That is what I'd be at if I had kids that were having accidents in their pants or I had someone in the house with a virus/illness that they were snotting and hacking all over their clothes
That's a hot wash for me

I am at 16C for almost every wash and I haven't been sick in years

My guide in all things laundry is the Lesbian Laundry Lady on TikTok, because I am a man of science!

I wash everything
I wash my runners, my dish cloths, my resuable cloth bags, hats, gloves, backpacks.. you name it
If it can go in there, it's going in

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back