Rum appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

nonemoreblack

Website
www.youtube.com
..inspired by the whiskey thread.

The good ones aren't that easy to find in Ireland but my current favourite is Barbancourt 8 year old from Haiti. Straight up in a brandy glass with no ice, lovely.

Also worth a mention, Flor de Cana 18 year old from Nicaragua and Lidl's own label white rum (cheaper and better than Bacardi).

where oh where can you get a good rum in dublin?

i'm relying on the odd bottle of 7 year/special reserve havana club whenever i get to a duty free.

not really a white rum fan but will keep an eye out for that lidl stuff as its probably the only one of your recommendations i have a chance of laying my hands on.

ah rum. love that shit.

Also worth a mention, Flor de Cana 18 year old from Nicaragua and Lidl's own label white rum (cheaper and better than Bacardi).
yes! I brought back a big bottle of seven year old flor de caña from nicaragua but it got obliterated between me and a friend the night I came back. but a friend just brought me back a teeny bottle of back from from her recent trip to nica there so I've been enjoying a sensible glass or two for the last couple of nights. it's great stuff. everyone drinks it over there. it's quite the source of national pride. plus nicaraguan beer is fairly awful. it's pretty common to just buy a bottle and share it with a table. so good... and it's cheap. especially nice with a bit of ice and a squeeze of lime. it will FUCK YOU UP though. then I get get a lethal hangover from most rum.

my favourite rum of all time though is this shit:

zacapa23neu.jpg

from guatemala. ron zacapa centenario. beyond the thunderdome amazing. I'd live in central america for the rest of my life in a shit filled hole to be close to this stuff. widely regarded as one of the best rums in the world. picked up a bottle in mexico and sipped away at it for nearly two years. all out now... :(

otherwise not that well up on rum. I've had some others I've really liked; can't remember any specific brands though.

I like Mount Gay but Tesco own brand dark rum isn't bad at all and only about 15.99.

I'm quite partial to a bottle of Sea Dog.

But I'm a gargle gypo.

Never had a rum I've been gone on. Occasionally some of my mates produce a bottle of rum which they claim is amazing and then procede to mix it with coke....going on about how nice it is. I've always argued that that's either a sacrilege or shit rum.

captain morgan spiced is a lovely rum.

Yeah, its good with coke or ginger. Just don't try it straight, it'll put you right off.

I make my own spiced rum. Just buy some cheap white rum add a vanilla pod, some cloves, cardamom and lime then leave it for a week or two.

I've been on a major part time Rum bender last few weeks.
The bottle of Morgan's Spiced solo on New Year's Eve was a real highlight.
Gotta hit the Ginger Ale next time.

Morgan spice with pepsi goes down a treat when im too beered up.

rum was my tipple of the summer. like the shitepipe fella, i picked up some duty free bottles 7 year/special reserve havana club. Very nice.

Gotta try that ginger ale mixer.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back