roma gypsies door to door begging invasion. (1 Viewer)

rampz

this is now a weekly occurrance round our way. ive taken to not opening the door. little roma kids and their mother. its kind of scary in this day and age. i remember whn i was a kid and travellers would call at the door. i just hope they dont smash my car one of these days. who knows, maybe theyre eugene hutz's kids. AND they dont take laser.

its wrong to give them money and encourage them isnt it? or am i being mean?

anyway, dear roma gypsies, please please please help me please . and stop calling round my gaff looking for money.

Whereabouts do you live? Disconnect the doorbell.

terenure/harolds x area. its easy ebnough to ignore them i suppose, its just the whole caltic tiger blah blah blah to have people begging door to door. its a throwback to the 80s.

i remember whn i was a kid and travellers would call at the door.

My mam has told me loads of horror stories of how they used to barge their way in to her family home back in the day. They all seemed to be after the kitchen table which my mam knew was worth a good bit, even back then. She was terrified of em.

I work in a charity shop and they are a major problem. .we have had 2 senior detectives cal out to the shop on countless occasions, been threatened, spat at, bitten had stock thrown at us not to mention the all the stock they have stolen from the charity.scum. utter scum. they try to intimidate my staff and myself not just in work but also when we go out on our lunch and leave the shop. some do gooders say OH thats racist, well no its fucking not. if these people were white young fells coming in and giving us that abuse they would be taken to court but the guards themselves told us there is very little point in bringing any action because of the intense fear of being accused of being racist.
In fact a detective who was out with us on Tuesday said that young lads were being robbed outside pubs by these gypsy women selling roses.They were seen . But were told not to go after them because it wouldn't be worth the bad press.I say fuck off .The gang who target us are particularly nasty.One of them a woman bit a member of staff and was FINED 25 euro.25 euro.
Now just because a Roma woman wears the outfit of the head scarf and big skirt doesn't mean they will rob us. There are 2 families who are good friendly polite customers but the "gang" are simply criminals.
Their mo is this.

A group of about 4 / 5 will come into the shop and crowd around the one thing eg basket of baby clothes. They will block the view of the girl on the till and shove the items into these aprons they wear under their tops.
We watched them for a few weeks and noticed that they send 2 or 3 spotters in to check out where things are and what things are good.The spotter will have moved the items into the basket before they come in to take them.
It sickens me seeing them carrying their babies around the street and walking up to people begging for money.I saw a young gypsy tell an American couple to fuck off when they refused to give her money.This same girl who is a regular shoplifter then walked across the street and got into a 2007 Discovery.

So what's the story now with Travelers?
Have the boys and girls from Roma out competed them on the begging front?

I see less and less travelers around the shop these days. Is that real, or just me? I suppose not being in Ireland might have something to do with this.

I find it a bit hard to believe that the place is flooded with Gypsies though, I mean, Ireland Immigration is not exactly sitting there with welcome open arms for them. I'd say its only a few very visible groups. I have been seeing that Irish immigration is tough these days. If they are not legal, and they are winding up people, how come they aren't being dispatched back to Romania.

i have dealt with a lot of them. here and in spain. they are fucking HATED in spain.
theyre assholes. they wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire. so i feel the same about them now. i dont think they dont believe in working, wherever they are. their culture is to acquire whatever they want while being as immoral as possible. granted, there are some nice ones and its a huge generalization but fuck it.
just had a run-in with a few not so many hours ago. also, worked in a shop for nearly 4 years and having to deal with them was a complete nightmare.
they are only out for themselves and dont give a toss about anyone or anything. really. not a big fan of them.

they are legal and there are only about 50 in the gang i am on about which is a small enough number.I don't think anyone suggested the place was flooded with anyone . Not sure about travelers though. But I never had anyone call to my door begging.Every 6 weeks in the Summer 2 traveler lads in their 20s go around my home town door to door doing peoples gardens.
I just passed by a traveler wedding in the park.They were all having a wedding picnic in huge gowns. looked mad.

Oh right... Romania and Bulgaria are part of the EU as of last January.

Edit : chugger ; Charity Mugger. One of those people who stands in the street with a big brightly-coloured bib and quite possibly a clipboard soliticing donations to the Feline Liberation Army or some other worthy cause.

if you tell them to fuck off they get the message.

chuggers will continue to smile inanely at you.
inanely or insanely?

yeah, but if you do agree to sell your car and say "€500, leave it or take it." and its worth a grand.
christ on a bit nigglebits. the fucking hassle. came back today with their heavies.

jayzus. FUCK OFF!! "of course theres fucking oil there. THE CAR'S NEARLY 20 YEARS OLD, GOLDIE"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back