Road Relish X-Mas Party - €1 - 23rd December (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
The Party
We are hosting a mega-Xmas party in The Hub (Temple Bar) on Tuesday 23rd of December. We have gathered together some of our favourite acts that have appeared on Road Relish singles in the past and they are all going to perform on the night. Lineup in no particular order is as follows:

The Chalets
Large Mound
Daemien Frost
Estel
Alan O'Boyle (DJ Set)

Date: Tuesday 23rd December
Time: 8:30 til late
Running Order: We're not telling you. First band on at 9.

The Damage
As a big thank-you to everyone who has bought the records and attended the gigs in the past we are only charging ONE EURO into this event!! That's right. One measly euro for four bands, one DJ and a bar until 2am. This is the cheapest gig ever with the exception of ones that were free. You just can't go wrong. No tickets will be on sale in advance so get there early on the night.

About Road Relish
Road Relish records were formed in 1999 by a group of deluded philanthropists with the intention of releasing split 7" singles by our favourite local bands and artists. Since then we have released 12 records featuring 24 different acts in all including Redneck Manifesto, The Idiots, Jubilee Allstars, Decal, David Kitt, Americhord, Large Mound, Glen Hansard, Daemien Frost, The Jimmy Cake, The Connect Four Orchestra, Nina Hynes, Neosupervital, Estel and The Chalets. All of these are limited edition (500) vinyl records and many of them feature exclusive tracks not available elsewhere. Some of these, such as the Rednecks, Kittser and Glen Hansard ones, are now rare and much sought after by fans and record collectors.

About the Line-Up
Here's some brief info about each of the acts appearing at the Xmas party

Alan O'Boyle
Alan is best known for his ground-breaking work as part of Ireland's foremost electro act, Decal. Decal appeared on Road Relish #3 with the sublime "Ladies Love My 808" track. They have released numerous records over the past few years including 2002's stunning "404 Not Found" album on Mike Paradinas' Planet Mu records. Alan has also been heavily involved in Road Relish through his recording and engineering work with various bands on the label such as Dot Creek and Redneck Manifesto. He's gonna rock the house with a party set on the night so be prepared to shake your ass.

The Chalets
The Chalets were on Road Relish #12 with Neosupervital which was released earlier this year. Undoubtedly thay will have the best actual tunes on the night as well as the best outfits. They have lined up their second release for early next year which comes out on new Setanta records offshoot, Nasty Pop. Everyone knows its only a matter of time before these lads and ladies become super famous so come down and see 'em while they are, eh, hot.
[url]www.thechalets.com[/url]

Daemien Frost
The Frost number our own Hag as one of their members and in a blatant case of self-promotion we stuck 'em on Road Relish #8 with The Jimmy Cake on the other side. Thankfully they turned in a really deadly track and since then have expanded their line-up and are a really rockin' live band, as they showed playing with Melt Banana last week. Complex, intense, and overpowering. Let's just try and keep them away from the doobie before they go on.
www32.brinkster.com/alpharelish/daemienfrost

Estel
Estel have gone on to rock everyone's world since they appeared on Road Relish #11 with Joan of Arse on the flip. They recently released their second album, "A Guide in Time of Great Danger", which got them rave reviews all over the place for its compelling krautrock/no wave stylings.
[url]www.thumped.com/estel[/url]

Large Mound
Large Mound were on Road Relish #5 with Kabinboy on the other side. In 2002 they released their "Raised on Rock" LP, which The Dublin Event Guide named as one of their top albums of the year, and have spent most of 2003 writing and rehearsing songs for the followup. The Mound are about to enter a real studio to record this and fans can expect to hear this epic melange of classic rock, lo-fi indie, metal riffs, smart songwriting, and over-the-top dual guitar solos some time in early 2004.
[url]www.largemound.net[/url]

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 29
cool ,shoulda got alan to play dirty evil electro to piss some thumpeders right off
who knows if hag had a big enuff bag o yokes to sell some evil ones might even be converted
sim salla bim! sim salaa bim!

heh heh, got some good new this morning, looks like it gonna be college days re-visited. early 90s. heh. deadly. there should be some kinda whacked out smiley!!!

Re: Road Relish X-Mas Party - €1 - 23rd December

thegoone said:
no idea what your talkin about
2 gluesniffer posts if i ever read them
and you said i was bad?
first genuinely funny post by thegoone, ever.

there's acid going around, they're called matrices. one is called a matrix. anyone tried them? they any good? not so funny now, eh?
you guys, goin' around thinkin' you're funny... fuck sake.

are they officially sponsored by the film?

or is it just a cheap ploy for drug dealers to get computer geeks into acid?

i'd really like to know if they're any good... they're going for a tenner. sounds pretty steep to me but i gre up with them... i was one of those people around 2 years too old for e's. and almost too late for acid. a forgotten child if you will...

enchance said:
are they officially sponsored by the film?

or is it just a cheap ploy for drug dealers to get computer geeks into acid?

Re: Road Relish X-Mas Party - €1 - 23rd December

all my posts that annoy scientific bong are funny
im gonna batter the goone when i meet him
not if i crush your head and pinch your face

i get you know hag
news was the key word spelled wrong ,and smiley(not spelled wrong but didnt know what you were sayin)

i totally had no mushies this year at all... that's pretty weird :(

muddymae said:
i totally missed the home crop this year,
did get some mexicana mushies from amsterdamage tho'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back