Richard and Linda Thompson Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Didn't they do a split 10" with The Wurzels?

But seriously folks... pissed off I missed Thompson, maybe next time. One of my favourite R&L songs: Roll Over Vaughan Williams. Amazing guitar playing.

Vinne put me on to these kids, and I am eternally grateful and if he does nothing else in his life ever, well... well that would be said...

I Want To See The Bright Lights is one of my favourite records, Fairports 'What We Did On Our Holidays' is up there too

My pleasure sir. Funnily enough, I have no plans to ever do anything again. It's not that I have given up on life, it's just that my diary is completely free.

Vinne put me on to these kids, and I am eternally grateful and if he does nothing else in his life ever, well... well that would be said...

I Want To See The Bright Lights is one of my favourite records, Fairports 'What We Did On Our Holidays' is up there too

My aunt and uncle (who's English) got me into English folkies. I'm planning to get a Fairport Convention album soon (I only have the Thompsons at the moment). Any advice from you knowledgeable (and not so knowledgeable) folks on what to go for?

Liege & Liefe

and hey Pantone, yeah it's great that Vinnie turned you on to these guys

I coulda turned you onto them, y'know?

You coulda said "Hey Mike, what's good?" and I'd a said "Check out Richard and Linda Thompson."

But you didn't. You were too busy hanging out with Vinnie.

my da was mad into him.
was made sit throuh hours of his stuff in the car as a youngster. some good stuff. although, at some points i could imagine his voice as Arnie Schwartzenegger

If I had known it would result in italics I never would have opened my mouth.

Liege & Liefe

You coulda said "Hey Mike, what's good?" and I'd a said "Check out Richard and Linda Thompson."

I want to see....is one of the best albums ever made; truly great stuff; yes Richard is indeed a great guitarist but Linda has one of the most emotive, fabulous voices ever.
Pours down like silver is also brilliant...that closing track - dimming of the day.....astounding.

everytime I ask you whats good you say Genisis

zzz zzz zzz

Vinne turned me on to last years Brian McBride album too

Liege & Liefe

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back