Revolutionary Women Dayschool. (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 62
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3
by the way if ya didnt know, i AM a woman and a feminist. as dunchee said, womens ideas of feminism vary. true. mine is trying my hardest to rock as hard as any man when playing a gig, doing my best to participate, putting on gigs, having a laugh on an equal level with my friends, and not allowing myself to become the archetypal invisable girl who holds their boyfriends jackets. I believe that this is enough. as far as other interpretations of feminism go, i believe (personally) some types let women down by being to smug, 'victimised', nagging and humourless. i also dont believe its nessesary to go on about things that people allready know exist such as 'womens subordination' and to give out about a tits joke.
i believe that the best feminist women role models for me are the ones that kick ass(in the cool sense, not the violent sense) without crying about how underappreciated they are.

just my personal opinion, many, many women and men will no doubt disagree wildly. but dont for gods sake anyone take this as a personal attack on them or any organisation, its just my point of view. :heart:

womens ideas of feminism vary. true. mine is trying my hardest to rock as hard as any man when playing a gig, doing my best to participate, putting on gigs, having a laugh on an equal level with my friends, and not allowing myself to become the archetypal invisable girl who holds their boyfriends jackets.
mine is swearing, falling over and being hairy, and not allowing myself to become the archetypal hard-working capable woman who gets on with life in an intelligent manner.

by the way if ya didnt know, i AM a woman and a feminist. as dunchee said, womens ideas of feminism vary. true. mine is trying my hardest to rock as hard as any man when playing a gig, doing my best to participate, putting on gigs, having a laugh on an equal level with my friends, and not allowing myself to become the archetypal invisable girl who holds their boyfriends jackets. I believe that this is enough. as far as other interpretations of feminism go, i believe (personally) some types let women down by being to smug, 'victimised', nagging and humourless. i also dont believe its nessesary to go on about things that people allready know exist such as 'womens subordination' and to give out about a tits joke.
i believe that the best feminist women role models for me are the ones that kick ass(in the cool sense, not the violent sense) without crying about how underappreciated they are.

just my personal opinion, many, many women and men will no doubt disagree wildly. but dont for gods sake anyone take this as a personal attack on them or any organisation, its just my point of view. :heart:

Id imagine the reason for a revolutionary womens day school and exclusive womens meetings is ,especially from an anarchist perspective for women to organise themselves for themselves on subjects that relate to themselves, I dont see much of a point of men participating or facilitating this as it does not directly affect them , the same way as theres not much point in some settled person deciding what affects travellers and what should be done for them ,or some white blokes deciding what black people find offensive etc. obviously there are plenty of mutual issues that affect everybody and should be tackled by everybody but surely true democracy comes from being able to decide on issue that exclussivly affects you without interference from people who are not affected but still have an opinion on something.....or maybe im talkin out me hole

edit :just read clodadhs post and i seem to just have repeated what she said ,,ooooh well

janer =
flavor-rick-entrance.jpg

mine is swearing, falling over and being hairy, and not allowing myself to become the archetypal hard-working capable woman who gets on with life in an intelligent manner.

dito, standing up for myself, the decision to wear skirts, trousers, boots or "shoes", have long hair, short hair, shaved head. accepting a joke, and DEFINATELY the being hairy thing :) to be honest [for me anyway] i think knowing yourself and just being yourself thats my view on being a woman and a person no matter what.

cant forget these girls though :)

0806519037.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

Did you not find it interesting that an old post generated the same discussion?
The .jpg refers to a good healthy discussion when the boards were dead hence my original
New years bump cos the place is so quiet.

I wanted to see how far the thread could go with a bump, most threads won't generate a 2nd "re-run" so to speak.

i dunno, don't we keep having the same 3 or 4 discussions all the time anyway? 'what is punk', 'so what's up with feminism', 'i hate that band/leave that band alone', and '20 bulls each/septic pussy/punk for it gig'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back