Restaurants that don't freak out when you walk in with a child/baby? (1 Viewer)

The septic

Any suggestions?

Went to Diep La Shaker a few months back and while the food was lovely, everybody in the place was horrified to see a baby. Staff and punters alike seemed gobsmacked that we would actually take a baby with us to dinner.

We would like to keep going to restaurants even with our children as they grow older and it seems the best way to do that is to just keep going to them.

We've had plenty some good experiences namely Saaba and Andersons in Glasnevin, but I would like to find a few more to keep us all interested.

Wagamama is really kid friendly, always had great experiences there.

Went to Nemmos by the Spanish Arch in Galway a few weeks ago. Its quite a nice resturant and there were a few stars eating there so I got a bit stressed when herself started crying. The manager came over and told us not worry about her and to try and enjoy our food which i thought was really lovely of him.

i've always found the cafebardeli's are child friendly eateries.
A bit out of the way, but casanostra in clonee has always been great also.

we were asked to leave a place on wicklow street in dub, a couple of years ago, apparently our buggy was causing an obstruction. But really they didn't like the thought of a crying baby upsetting the ambience.
A couple of people in the restaurant walked out in solidarity, that restored some of my faith in humanity.

The Washerwoman on Glasnevin Hill is very child friendly..They even have a kids eat free thing I think..Plus the food is nice..

Busyfeet cafe used to be good. Went there a bit when unit No. 1 was a baby. It's changed name now and we went in recently and it could not be worse. Avoid. With or without kids.

They should have baby cry rooms in restaurants like they have at mass.

they built one of them in Skerries, a big plexi glass room at the back of the building... like a gas chamber or something... it's completely demented, where in the bible did Jesus "let the children come to me, but lets keep them in a big box at the back of the room okay?"

I like Cafe Bar Deli and Accapulco on Georges street were cool to me too

where in the bible did Jesus "let the children come to me, but lets keep them in a big box at the back of the room okay?"

I think he actually said 'suffer little children' or something, which I always try to remember when I'm on a plane and hating on screaming babies. Also, I try to remember that their ears are hurting them. And that I may one day myself be the one holding the screaming baby.

i've always found the cafebardeli's are child friendly eateries.
A bit out of the way, but casanostra in clonee has always been great also.

we were asked to leave a place on wicklow street in dub, a couple of years ago, apparently our buggy was causing an obstruction. But really they didn't like the thought of a crying baby upsetting the ambience.
A couple of people in the restaurant walked out in solidarity, that restored some of my faith in humanity.

Yes, please name and shame. I don't want to go somewhere that treats people like that.

I think he actually said 'suffer little children' or something, which I always try to remember when I'm on a plane and hating on screaming babies. Also, I try to remember that their ears are hurting them. And that I may one day myself be the one holding the screaming baby.

actually you're right, Jesus did say that, he was on the red eye from Nazareth to Gallallee and some child was wailing all the way

anyhow note the lack of plexi glass in this photograph

jesus_w_children_600%5B1%5D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back