Rent allowance (1 Viewer)

DuncheeKnifed said:
so if you're a prick to one inspector all the rest will know about it and give you constant shit.

proper order

man i miss working in social welfare sooo much.

Queen Buzzo said:
I wonder, maybe Pete can explain, why one dude put me in a situation where my choice was to lie about my rent or get out of the gaff and another dude in the same position but in a different office was honest with me about my rights. Surely that's not legal- lying to people about their entitlements.

probably not - i'm out of that game nearly 10 years now.

but you could have been mis-classified as cohabitees?

Queen Buzzo said:
Rent Allowance update from the Mistress of Free Money: I moved house and got a new Community Welfare Officer. My new officer is really nice and told me that as a single childless person I can actually be paying up to €125 a week, which is a lot more realistic than the €93 the other lad told me.

I wonder, maybe Pete can explain, why one dude put me in a situation where my choice was to lie about my rent or get out of the gaff and another dude in the same position but in a different office was honest with me about my rights. Surely that's not legal- lying to people about their entitlements.

maybe he's just being sound and letting you away with more money than your really entitled to. i'd just take it and say nothin, except thanks maybe.

MIss Piggy- doubtful but possible I guess.

Pete- dude knows I aint going out with Anne. Last dude knew I wasn't going out with Niamh and Anne. Can't imagine how he'd be confused.

I'm really grateful for the rent allowance, I am, I'm just a bit embittered and curious as to why the last dude made life difficult for us, being quite rude and awkward about it in the process.

Queen Buzzo said:
MIss Piggy- doubtful but possible I guess.

Pete- dude knows I aint going out with Anne. Last dude knew I wasn't going out with Niamh and Anne. Can't imagine how he'd be confused.

I'm really grateful for the rent allowance, I am, I'm just a bit embittered and curious as to why the last dude made life difficult for us, being quite rude and awkward about it in the process.
job satisfaction

Miss Piggy said:
you know the way you have to apply for housing fom dublin city council to get the rent allowance? well has anyone ever had an inspection/meeting with anyone from the council to discuss their application for housing? some man is calling around to discus my application and inspect my accomodation on thursday but i dunno what he's after.

yer man turned out to be awful sound. he seemed pleasantly surprised that i wasnt sharing a one bedroomed flat with the landlord. he just took measurements to see how much square footage i have the use of and fecked off. i doubt dublin corporation will offer my any housing now.

Miss Piggy said:
yer man turned out to be awful sound. he seemed pleasantly surprised that i wasnt sharing a one bedroomed flat with the landlord. he just took measurements to see how much square footage i have the use of and fecked off. i doubt dublin corporation will offer my any housing now.

you should have set up a bed in the jacks.

Do the inspectors only call round when you're applying for something? Like if you're on rent allowance for the same gaff with about eight months, what's the chance they'll call round randomly (announced or unnanounced) to see everything's as it should (i.e. single person living alone)?

As far as i know never.My inspector called around the one time whan i was applying, took measurements, seen what i was using for heating, seen i was living on me own and that was that.
It's a bit of a rigmarole to sort initially but once you have it you're laughing

mine called round for a routine check last month. he literally walked in, saw me in the gaff, said "that's grand" and walked back out again. i was notified in writing well in advance and i'm pretty sure they have to let you know if they intend calling round. are you living in sin RSJ? :D

From what I remember, the function of the inspectors is to ensure that your property is liveable in, not to catch you out for lying on your form. They might wanna call around again when it's time to refresh your claim or whatever, but they'll arrange it loosely with you.

"We'll be round sometime during the day between next monday and Friday"
"No can do mate, I'd have to call a halt to my active search for employment"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back