Rent allowance (2 Viewers)

Cheers Aoife I will give that a whirl tommorrow
Queen Buzzo said:
Oakey Cokey- ring Tony on 014904148 (that's our local officer) and ask him what you're entitled to, but don't give too much away in case you have to lie.
That or the Citizens Advice Bew-row.

Ohmygod, I had to tell the dole I'm going back to college today so only three days dole next week and then no more. Then I went to the VEC and they told me that because my (stupid, crappy, never got a job out of it) diploma was gotten less than 5 years ago I probably won't get the grant. 2000 isn't 5 years ago now? And I probably can't get rent allowance either. No money!!!!! Eeeeeee! :eek:

Join the club.I have a plan that makes money and gets back at society though.
frona said:
Ohmygod, I had to tell the dole I'm going back to college today so only three days dole next week and then no more. Then I went to the VEC and they told me that because my (stupid, crappy, never got a job out of it) diploma was gotten less than 5 years ago I probably won't get the grant. 2000 isn't 5 years ago now? And I probably can't get rent allowance either. No money!!!!! Eeeeeee! :eek:

spiritualtramp said:
AFAIK full time students do not qualify for rent allowance, unless you qualified for the back to education allowance.
my housemate (who was a fulltime student in D.I.T but living in maynooth), this time two years got it no bother. was living there for 6 months and he got €117 back i thinks

ernesto said:
my housemate (who was a fulltime student in D.I.T but living in maynooth), this time two years got it no bother. was living there for 6 months and he got €117 back i thinks
That's weird because I was told today not to even bother applying for it. And I goes "but I have no income!" and the guy from the health board goes "why did you apply to this college so?"
What happens if you go to collage and don't bother telling the dole? (too late for me cos I've already told them)

you know the way you have to apply for housing fom dublin city council to get the rent allowance? well has anyone ever had an inspection/meeting with anyone from the council to discuss their application for housing? some man is calling around to discus my application and inspect my accomodation on thursday but i dunno what he's after. i tried to get him to tell me on the phone what exactly he wanted but he just said he'd go through it all on thursday. i could have just told him i dont need him to house me if that was all it was. the landlord has been telling lies to the rent allowance people and im worried it might be coming back to haunt me!
:eek:

Miss Piggy said:
you know the way you have to apply for housing fom dublin city council to get the rent allowance? well has anyone ever had an inspection/meeting with anyone from the council to discuss their application for housing? some man is calling around to discus my application and inspect my accomodation on thursday but i dunno what he's after. i tried to get him to tell me on the phone what exactly he wanted but he just said he'd go through it all on thursday. i could have just told him i dont need him to house me if that was all it was. the landlord has been telling lies to the rent allowance people and im worried it might be coming back to haunt me!
:eek:

i'm pretty sure it's just a visit to acess your circumstances. everyone on the housing list gets acessed to see how needy they are of accomodation. it's a points-based system and you get points for the state of your gaff, if you have kids, if one of your kids has asthma, and all kinds of shit like that. i wouldn't worry too much about it. and if you ever get cut off then appeal it till your blue in the face. if you've been over paid they can't take any more off you than five euro a week (or there abouts) but they'll try to get more. there's a free booklet containing all this info in every dole office if your unsure. there's also a union of the unemployed. most important thing to remember with dole matters is act stupid and be polite. they write down little notes on your file. so if you're a prick to one inspector all the rest will know about it and give you constant shit.

DuncheeKnifed said:
...oh, nearly forgot. if your landlord is lieing too then no worries. who's gonna find out?

he wrote on a form that i share a one bedroomed flat with him so this guy is going to see fairly quickly that its quite a large house with several people living in it. but yeah, i dont think this guy tomorrow will care.

Miss Piggy said:
he wrote on a form that i share a one bedroomed flat with him so this guy is going to see fairly quickly that its quite a large house with several people living in it. but yeah, i dont think this guy tomorrow will care.

oops. did you not have any dole/health board inspections? mad set up. if you are worried you could just not be there when the inspector turns up. and ignore future correspondence. have you been getting rent allowence over 18 months?

Rent Allowance update from the Mistress of Free Money: I moved house and got a new Community Welfare Officer. My new officer is really nice and told me that as a single childless person I can actually be paying up to €125 a week, which is a lot more realistic than the €93 the other lad told me.

I wonder, maybe Pete can explain, why one dude put me in a situation where my choice was to lie about my rent or get out of the gaff and another dude in the same position but in a different office was honest with me about my rights. Surely that's not legal- lying to people about their entitlements.

Queen Buzzo said:
Rent Allowance update from the Mistress of Free Money: I moved house and got a new Community Welfare Officer. My new officer is really nice and told me that as a single childless person I can actually be paying up to €125 a week, which is a lot more realistic than the €93 the other lad told me.

I wonder, maybe Pete can explain, why one dude put me in a situation where my choice was to lie about my rent or get out of the gaff and another dude in the same position but in a different office was honest with me about my rights. Surely that's not legal- lying to people about their entitlements.

are you on the scratch?

Queen Buzzo said:
My new officer is really nice and told me that as a single childless person I can actually be paying up to €125 a week, which is a lot more realistic than the €93 the other lad told me.

i think if your living by yourself it's 125 and if you're sharing a gaff it's 93 'cos it's cheaper to live with other people.

DuncheeKnifed said:
i think if your living by yourself it's 125 and if you're sharing a gaff it's 93 'cos it's cheaper to live with other people.

not when they drink all your beers and smoke all your hash

DuncheeKnifed said:

That's what I thought, but it's not. Me and Compuwhore live in a two bedroomer and the dude came and saw that and had no problem giving me the full whack... pretty disconcerting I feel. I'll never trust Cybll Serbint again.

Queen Buzzo said:
That's what I thought, but it's not. Me and Compuwhore live in a two bedroomer and the dude came and saw that and had no problem giving me the full whack... pretty disconcerting I feel. I'll never trust Cybll Serbint again.

the dole moves in mysterious ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back