Rent Allowance, changing house? (1 Viewer)

Green Goblin

I hear that if you change house with rent allowance, you get taken off it and it takes 6 weeks to go back on?

So what are you meant to do in those 6 weeks, exactly? I don't understand this.

I need to move house but it seems they want to make it financially impossible for me? I can't afford to pay 600 euro on a whim like that.

I have some pretty good reasons for moving house too, this one is a nightmare and a health hazard.

You can go talk to the department of social and family affairs... or whatever it's called, basically the same office who give you rent allowance and tell them you have no financial means for keeping you for that time, they have a supplementary allowance that they can give people to keep them going as far as I know. You are also apparently entitled to some form of deposit from them.

And your community welfare officer can give payments on special circumstances if you present your case. They are going to be so busy this christmas with the double week gone

Does anyone know if its backdated or just from when its brought in?I brought in the original form back from the landlord about 2 weeks ago,but have to get more signed by them,and all the rest.Will they pay it from April or just from whenever I got all the docs in and they process it?

Not sure if this applies anymore but years ago when I was getting rent allowance I moved house and got a letter from my landlady saying that my lease was up and she was moving back into the house, therefore I had no choice but to move. I gave this to the community welfare officer and they allowed my rent allowance to continue with no stoppage.

It was of course a lie but my landlady was very accommodating and signed the letter no problem.

Okay, so apparently the cap for getting a place with rent allowance is €75 now? That's fucking insane, especially since I'm paying 24 myself.

caps are moving down at the start of june again apparently. although nobody seems to know how much exactly. eight percent according to some letting agent I was talking to.

yeah, I think green goblin is in cork. poor bastard ;)

the 8% reduction doesn't seem to be the cap, they've taken €6 + 8% off my actual payment. bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back