redneck album (4 Viewers)

hermie

Website
Visit site
i know theres a thread about the gig but what do people think of the album? its not nearly as edgy or as .|..| as previous outtings which is shit.one track is pure connectfour, think its the second one.some really interesting jazzy moments aswell.track 7 ('i have not make' or something) is by far the best.sweet tune. think i prefer alan o'boyle to mr odlum as well, personally. Opinions?

yea, theres nothing wrong with the job he did and his production really works on some of the more sombre tunes but overall think i prefer aob

i havent heard it yet but the band themselves have got a real bad slaying on sonic youths messageboard. but the guy that was doing the slaying claims that he is kevin shields so i doubt anyone should listen to him.

Didn't like it on the first listen but really getting into it now. It is quite a departure from AOB but it's still fantastic in it's own right. One thing I really noticed is the drums, they seem to stand out more than they did on the first to albums. The song that sounds like C4O is probably due to Neil's influence on this album and not the first two.

I find a lot of Odlums production to be pretty dull and lifeless. Which works perfectly for radiofriendly stuff like Josh Shitter and the Frames. O'Boyles production is very punchy sounding, full of life and character. Was very surprised to hear that Odlum was recording the album. Still, i haven't heard the new rednecks album so i hope i'll be pleasently surprised

Ciaran Mackle said:
i havent heard it yet but the band themselves have got a real bad slaying on sonic youths messageboard. but the guy that was doing the slaying claims that he is kevin shields so i doubt anyone should listen to him.
I think the sound they've captured on this album is a major step forward for them, essential almost to their survival as a group. Everything they've released from the five 7''s (which I have to say I treasure), to this has been a progression. C.Y.H.O.F.Y.H was sonically much more diverse then T.S.S, and I Am Brazil is by far their most accomplished work. It may not capture the ferocity of the live show, but what's the point in doing that again? It's a testament to their ambition to go beyond template they've set themselves (no small part to Mr. O' Connor) and that they're obviously going to keep pushing as many ideas as they see fit. Considering how well the other night went I think the kids still think they're alright.

To summarize: Best Rednecks record yet.

Someone mentioned they got slated on the Sonic Youth forums, could you post a link, I can't find anything there except retards posting crap. Mr Wheels, do you live with Mr. O Connor?

That "Kevin Shields" twat had these enlightening words to say about the band:

"Red Neck Manifesto are a generic post rock outfit from Dublin, very much in the vain of Mogwai's more "metal" influenced rock-outs. They record in a garden shed in one of their mothers back gardens (bit like "The Commitments, then!!). Personally, I don't like them... was at a Sigur Ros concert in Dublin & the sound was really low... I commented on this to my friend and about how you could hear the sound of the cash register at the bar louder than the drums (it was THAT bad) when midget in front of me turned around and "shushed" me!!! I told the little runt where to shove it. Turns out he was the bass player from Red Neck Manifesto. I'm sure that'll really put you off them!!!"

Sounds like a total dick to me.

Ahh poor auld ritchie being called a midget. Sure fair enough if the sound was low the spa should have kept his voice down instead of annoying people who wanted to listen to the gig.

Stonie McHash said:
Ahh poor auld ritchie being called a midget. Sure fair enough if the sound was low the spa should have kept his voice down instead of annoying people who wanted to listen to the gig.
Damn Right!!! I hate pricks who pay into a gig and the proceed to shitehawk their way throughout the whole thing. And they'll ALWAYS clap like they're really into the show. Like this c**t who was behind me at Mum! Never has a kick to the flaps been more in order.

Didn't say anything to her buh

Stonie McHash said:
Someone mentioned they got slated on the Sonic Youth forums, could you post a link, I can't find anything there except retards posting crap. Mr Wheels, do you live with Mr. O Connor?
What's that got to do with anything?
he beats me...

I rememeber there being quite a lot of shouty McThickshits at that gig. I wasn't that into seeing Sigur Ros but it's still highly annoying when people don't keep their stupid mouths shut. This guy is obviously a prick.

There is an oddly 'gentle' feel about the production... it helps to turn it up very loud to compensate. But I like the songs, more layering than previously and it takes a number of listens to get all the little riffs.

was at the village tonight and it was playing between the bands... sounded great over the big pa.

i'm really really enjoying it... might like a few more rock outs though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back