recording more than one track (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
Originally posted by michaelknight
Fair 'nuff, but that'll only really make a difference if you're trying to record through Creative Recorder

I'm not sure if that's true.

The impression I get is that the Creative Recorder is like the control panel for all recording done through the Audigy soundcard, no matter what editing/recording software (Cubase, Sound Forge, Cakewalk) you use. I hope I'm wrong.

Right well what i've done is in the settings panel selected record what you hear and then selected the left and right channels in cakewalk (and in cubasis too) and tried to record but both inputs come in on the both channells so im kind of thinkin im screwed but hopefully one of ye will be able to confirm or deny this for me either way.
i really 'preciate it you guys. cheers.

it doesn't seem to be doing that really, although i haven't been using it all that long. i'll check when i go home.

Okay...tried on me own machine last night, which as I said has an Audigy (not an Audidy Platinum)...as far as I could see, the Creative Recorder setting has no influence on recording with Cubasis. In my version of Cubasis there's an Audio menu, in which there's an Inputs bit, which allows you to select which inputs you're using, and where they're going to? Also, in my speaker bit (i.e. at the bottom right of the screen), I had no problem selecting multiple sources for the recording bit...maybe the cards are just different...but I find it hard to believe that the card prohibits you from recording from more than one input at a time...

thats deadly michael.
do you know of anyway to disable the speaker thing at all? it mightn't matter if i select the record what you hear yolk but if anyone does know that's be ace.
thanks a million.

ok so, the latest installment to my saga is that i rang creative again, and this time they told me that i can't assign individual tracks to individual inputs and so my soundcard is fairly useless to me now.
any suggestions on what to do now. wheres anne o'malley, whats your isis like? has anyone heard of the delta 44 or delta 66? are they any good?

Originally posted by pad
ok so, the latest installment to my saga is that i rang creative again, and this time they told me that i can't assign individual tracks to individual inputs and so my soundcard is fairly useless to me now.
That's bloody brutal, that is. I mean, what on earth is the point of having separate inputs? Muppets.

Hi Pad,

Sorry to hear that! :(

Here, if you just need to record 2 inputs at the same time I guess there's a way. I did it with a stupid Sound Blaster compatible that I paid 20 euros so you must be able to do it with yours.

I guess you have a stereo input, haven't you? Well, go to Maplin (Jervis St.) or Petes (Parnell St.) and buy a splitter with 2 mono female jacks on one end and one stereo male jack on the other. It costs about 7 euros if I remember (if your input is a small jack you need a connection big-to-small-jack too, € 2).

Now, plug the guitar in the left jack and the mic in the right and plug the other end into the stero input, then select left input on one track and right input on the other (if you're using cakewalk you just need to double click on any track for the window to pop up)

I tried it myself and it does work, give it a go before you spend money in another soundcard

Good luck! A.

Originally posted by pad
any suggestions on what to do now. wheres anne o'malley, whats your isis like? has anyone heard of the delta 44 or delta 66? are they any good?

Check out these.....

http://www.computermusic.co.uk/product/scards.asp

Beware the page is a bit dated by now....
but it may help you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back